ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***How much is it worth?***

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Hello,

Need some help pricing this...

Clio 182 Arctic Blue 135338 miles. MOT until 27th August.

Selling due to having a work van and it not getting driven much.

It was last serviced in April. There are some gaps in its service history however I have a folder of receipts of things that have been done to it.

The cam belt and aux belt were last done in 2016 therefore is due for replacement.

Cosmetically it is showing its age, front and back bumper have some marks as well as some other small dings around the car. The offside rear arch has been rust repaired before however is starting to go again, as you can probably tell from the photos the blues do not match where the fix was attempted as it was put on as temporary measure. The wheels are speedline turinis with michelin pilot sport 3s all round, the wheels definitely need a refurb but the tyres still have a good amount of tread on them.

Interior wise its fairly tidy, some rattles when driving. It has a after market Bluetooth stereo in it as well as a small sub in the boot. The steering wheel was retrimmed a few years ago and still looking good. It has retro fitted Recaro trendline seats from a Megane sitting on lower than OEM subframes made by someone on the cliosport forum, overall they are in ok condition aside from the wear/cracking to the driver side bolster.
£3k as it is? You'd probably get more money overall putting original wheels and seats back in and selling separately mind.

Clio 182
£3k as it is? You'd probably get more money overall putting original wheels and seats back in and selling separately mind.
Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately I no longer have the original seats and wheels. Would be selling it as is as I don't really have the time to put into right now, am moving so need it gone.

Clio 182
Hello,

Need some help pricing this...

Clio 182 Arctic Blue 135338 miles. MOT until 27th August.

Selling due to having a work van and it not getting driven much.

It was last serviced in April. There are some gaps in its service history however I have a folder of receipts of things that have been done to it.

The cam belt and aux belt were last done in 2016 therefore is due for replacement.

Cosmetically it is showing its age, front and back bumper have some marks as well as some other small dings around the car. The offside rear arch has been rust repaired before however is starting to go again, as you can probably tell from the photos the blues do not match where the fix was attempted as it was put on as temporary measure. The wheels are speedline turinis with michelin pilot sport 3s all round, the wheels definitely need a refurb but the tyres still have a good amount of tread on them.

Interior wise its fairly tidy, some rattles when driving. It has a after market Bluetooth stereo in it as well as a small sub in the boot. The steering wheel was retrimmed a few years ago and still looking good. It has retro fitted Recaro trendline seats from a Megane sitting on lower than OEM subframes made by someone on the cliosport forum, overall they are in ok condition aside from the wear/cracking to the driver side bolster.
Just realised all the pics didn't upload..

Attachments

• IMG_2937.JPEG
    IMG_2937.JPEG
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2938.JPEG
    IMG_2938.JPEG
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2939.JPEG
    IMG_2939.JPEG
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2940.JPEG
    IMG_2940.JPEG
    1 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2941.JPEG
    IMG_2941.JPEG
    831.8 KB · Views: 39
  Punto GT
I'm unsure on what to price mine at, any help, guidance and pointers please.

'54' LY 182 Both Cup Packs
Previous CS.net owners
Recaros
Factory Sat Nav
Turinis
Cambelt done in 2022
Downside, Cat C in 2010 due to rear end damage.

Seen the advert for the resprayed black one on ebay for £6,000 and the low mileage one at £13,000 on Facebook.

Attachments

• IMG_20230610_153201.jpg
    IMG_20230610_153201.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20230610_153228.jpg
    IMG_20230610_153228.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20230610_153051.jpg
    IMG_20230610_153051.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20230610_153243.jpg
    IMG_20230610_153243.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20230610_153218.jpg
    IMG_20230610_153218.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 61

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member

Previous CS.net owners
Recaros
Factory Sat Nav
Turinis
Cambelt done in 2022

Seen the advert for the resprayed black one on ebay for £6,000 and the low mileage one at £13,000 on Facebook.
Always hard to price a cat car. That's the LY with factory Recaro's isn't it? Whatever you price it at I'm sure you'll get a lot of interest with it being LY.

Punto GT
Yeh it is rare to have the sat nav, I believe it's the only one in liquid yellow according to this picture I found on here a while ago.

I know they can command a high price and are quite sought after but unfortunately the cat marker will lower the price. It's a shame as I am a big believer of buying on condition.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230709_111414.jpg
    Screenshot_20230709_111414.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 39

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member

Previous CS.net owners
Recaros
Factory Sat Nav
Turinis
Cambelt done in 2022

That is absolutely stunning. Someone will be getting a bargain.

Punto GT

Previous CS.net owners
Recaros
Factory Sat Nav
Turinis
Cambelt done in 2022

I was still unsure on what to put it up for so I've gone for £9,000, as my old man says "you can always go lower, but can't go higher" . The downside is the cat marker, however if it wasnt it would be closer to the low mileage (48k) one that went up for sale for £13k.

MAXRUNDOWN

ClioSport Club Member

Previous CS.net owners
Recaros
Factory Sat Nav
Turinis
Cambelt done in 2022

7k if it wasn't categorised, 20-30% less for a cat D and 30-40% less for a cat C

Clio 182 FF
Morning folks,
Just looking for your 2 cents regarding what to price my Clio 182 at. Its a titanium silver example currently sat at about 95k miles. She's just had a fresh MOT with a full folder full of service history dating back to new, even have the original tyre gunk cans. I've done quite a lot of work throughout my ownership over the last 2 years including a full cambelt service in January 2022, along with lots of little bits such as battery & servicing. Paint work has the usual stone chips to front end but apart from that its in very good cosmetic condition. Wheels do need a refurbishment though and the AC needs a re-gas. Only mods are k-tech exhaust & solid top mounts. I'm really struggling at where to price it, as it is a very nice example however does need a little work to make her perfect. Any advice is much appreciated.

Attachments

• PXL_20230814_154832144.jpg
    PXL_20230814_154832144.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 48

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Team dynamics 1.2 in 16 inch with toyo proxies cf2 with approximately 5mm tread. Slight kerb rash on a couple that's been painted to blend. Wheels are presentable but obviously could do with a refurb. Clio 2 fitment. What are they worth?
IMG_20230903_140645.jpgIMG_20230903_140737.jpgIMG_20230903_140726.jpgIMG_20230903_140744.jpg

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Team dynamics 1.2 in 16 inch with toyo proxies cf2 with approximately 5mm tread. Slight kerb rash on a couple that's been painted to blend. Wheels are presentable but obviously could do with a refurb. Clio 2 fitment. What are they worth?
View attachment 1659248View attachment 1659249View attachment 1659250View attachment 1659251
I gave £300 for the 15” versions in Gloss Black which didn’t need a refurb. I’d argue the 15” are more desirable (trackdays, cost of tyres). The tyres on mine were Hankook EVOs which weren’t in the best of shape. HTH.

Hi all,

I'm going to put my 182 up for sale but have no idea what to price it at, as it has a couple of major issues...

Firstly it is in limp mode. There is an issue with the potentiometer track 1 signal. My local garage has had a look but after trying a new pedal and throttle body and cleaning the connector block I'm reluctant to spend any more money on it.

Secondly, the paint work is terrible, mainly on the bumpers, boot and wing mirrors. Lacquer peel mainly, but it's very bad.

It's on about 125k miles, 2005, black gold and is a standard car (full interior) with the usual mods; exhaust, bushes, RS tuner 98 Ron map etc.

History is ok, it has a receipt for gearbox rebuild and new clutch only a couple of years ago but the belt change was verbal, so any new owner may want to do that for piece of mind.

Any thoughts on price would be welcome.

Trophy 263 + 265
20231023_074436.jpg

Hi all.
A bit lengthy this with lots of details but wanted to get as much information down as possible.
Looking for some advice on what to keep / remove / sell separately plus guidance regarding pricing of this car which I'm potentially selling for track only use (explained later).
I've sold plenty of cars and not one for asking what is worth but on this occasion need guidance please from the track day experts 👍
I've been a Renaultsport owner for many years and done the odd track day myself in a few cars but don't have experience with track specific cars.

Clio 200 in Renault Racing Blue.
119k 4 previous owners.
Absolutely THOUSANDS spent in maintance and upgrades over the last 6 years whilst my friend owned it (it's only ever gone to Floyd at Four Ashes and Ktec Wolverhampton to be maintained and upgraded, folder full of invoices).
Most recent full service was Feb 23 including spark plugs.

Bodywork is fantastic for it's age with only a couple of very small blemishes / dings to point out.
Its been ceramic coated both the car and wheels, machine polished and maintained regardless of cost. You could turn up to a car show and this would turn heads it's that good.

List of upgraded parts...

(Dec 21) Cat cams 402 , KTR exhaust manifold (solid not flexi connection) , upper and lower inlets ported and polished, enlarged throttle body followed by EFI remap to 206 bhp and 168ft/lbs of torque.

Gearbox rebuilt and synchros strengthened in Feb 19 (perfect working order still)

Oz Racing Ultraleggera White 17x7.5 ET 40 5 x 108 with
Michelin pilot PS4 tyres near new tread (may be swapped out for another style and sold separately as £1.7k recently spent)

Bilstein B14 fully adjustable coilovers all round (July 18).

R26 brembo brake upgraded with KTR braided lines (Dec 17), then the following in Feb 23 fully refurbished calipers and new Godspeed discs front and back (fronts floating 330mm discs) PBS pro pads all round, PFL race fluid, painted yellow with brembo decals, tracking completed.

(June 22) Powerflex engine and gearbox mounts (various upper and lower)

(Jan 23) KTR half cage in yellow fitted by Ktec Wolverhampton.

(June 22)
Sabelt racing steering wheel fiited, Recaro pole position seats x 2 fiited with KTR side frames, 4 point Sabelt RS Performance - Race Harness (seats and harness may be replaced and sold separately as over £2.5k just spent and virtual new, passenger not even sat in)

So why is it not on the road?

DVLA voluntary test was carried out and chassis deemed to have been significantly alternative due to 4 bolts securing cage. Currently trying to resolve and have registered to put back on road as Q plate build car (very time consuming and frustrating, ongoing)
No issues with insurance write off or damage, I will fully explain to anyone interested in the car.

Not in a huge rush to sell it on cheap and understand autumn winter not best time to sell track cars so can store till spring and wait for the right person.

Many thanks for your time reading all this and support / comments / advise.
Happy to answer sensible replies on here or privately via Messenger 👍

Cheers Lee

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
View attachment 1666281
Hi all.
A bit lengthy this with lots of details but wanted to get as much information down as possible.
Looking for some advice on what to keep / remove / sell separately plus guidance regarding pricing of this car which I'm potentially selling for track only use (explained later).
I've sold plenty of cars and not one for asking what is worth but on this occasion need guidance please from the track day experts 👍
I've been a Renaultsport owner for many years and done the odd track day myself in a few cars but don't have experience with track specific cars.

Clio 200 in Renault Racing Blue.
119k 4 previous owners.
Absolutely THOUSANDS spent in maintance and upgrades over the last 6 years whilst my friend owned it (it's only ever gone to Floyd at Four Ashes and Ktec Wolverhampton to be maintained and upgraded, folder full of invoices).
Most recent full service was Feb 23 including spark plugs.

Bodywork is fantastic for it's age with only a couple of very small blemishes / dings to point out.
Its been ceramic coated both the car and wheels, machine polished and maintained regardless of cost. You could turn up to a car show and this would turn heads it's that good.

List of upgraded parts...

(Dec 21) Cat cams 402 , KTR exhaust manifold (solid not flexi connection) , upper and lower inlets ported and polished, enlarged throttle body followed by EFI remap to 206 bhp and 168ft/lbs of torque.

Gearbox rebuilt and synchros strengthened in Feb 19 (perfect working order still)

Oz Racing Ultraleggera White 17x7.5 ET 40 5 x 108 with
Michelin pilot PS4 tyres near new tread (may be swapped out for another style and sold separately as £1.7k recently spent)

Bilstein B14 fully adjustable coilovers all round (July 18).

R26 brembo brake upgraded with KTR braided lines (Dec 17), then the following in Feb 23 fully refurbished calipers and new Godspeed discs front and back (fronts floating 330mm discs) PBS pro pads all round, PFL race fluid, painted yellow with brembo decals, tracking completed.

(June 22) Powerflex engine and gearbox mounts (various upper and lower)

(Jan 23) KTR half cage in yellow fitted by Ktec Wolverhampton.

(June 22)
Sabelt racing steering wheel fiited, Recaro pole position seats x 2 fiited with KTR side frames, 4 point Sabelt RS Performance - Race Harness (seats and harness may be replaced and sold separately as over £2.5k just spent and virtual new, passenger not even sat in)

So why is it not on the road?

DVLA voluntary test was carried out and chassis deemed to have been significantly alternative due to 4 bolts securing cage. Currently trying to resolve and have registered to put back on road as Q plate build car (very time consuming and frustrating, ongoing)
No issues with insurance write off or damage, I will fully explain to anyone interested in the car.

Not in a huge rush to sell it on cheap and understand autumn winter not best time to sell track cars so can store till spring and wait for the right person.

Many thanks for your time reading all this and support / comments / advise.
Happy to answer sensible replies on here or privately via Messenger 👍

Cheers Lee
Did you do what this guy did?

FB_IMG_1698070001050.jpg

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not really familiar with 200s, especially their values, but reading through your post I wouldn't really say it's a 'Track Specific', car.

I learned a new word last week which was 'Clubsport' which applies to cars that are lightly modified, rear seats out, half cage, bucket seats, harnesses etc..

I'd say yours was in that category.

Given what's happened to the car, I suppose all you can do is pitch it as a track car, as that's the only option at the moment.

If that was a 182 with that spec, without the Q plate, I'd probably think maybe somewhere between upper 2 to mid 3 grand, depending on the mods.

A proper circuit 182 - LSD/gripper, full cage, racing seats, harnesses, controlled suspension, roll centre correction kit, poly bushed, lightened.....basically not road compliant, would be double that.

That's my honest opinion based on selling a proper circuit car last year and just acquiring another one.

Good luck though :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I'm not really familiar with 200s, especially their values, but reading through your post I wouldn't really say it's a 'Track Specific', car.

I learned a new word last week which was 'Clubsport' which applies to cars that are lightly modified, rear seats out, half cage, bucket seats, harnesses etc..

I'd say yours was in that category.

Given what's happened to the car, I suppose all you can do is pitch it as a track car, as that's the only option at the moment.

If that was a 182 with that spec, without the Q plate, I'd probably think maybe somewhere between upper 2 to mid 3 grand, depending on the mods.

A proper circuit 182 - LSD/gripper, full cage, racing seats, harnesses, controlled suspension, roll centre correction kit, poly bushed, lightened.....basically not road compliant, would be double that.

That's my honest opinion based on selling a proper circuit car last year and just acquiring another one.

Good luck though :)

I’m liking the paragraph on the 182 value, maybe I paid what’s it worth 👍

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I’m liking the paragraph on the 182 value, maybe I paid what’s it worth 👍
Difficult to say isn’t it? There’s a hill climber on here for £2,800 and hasn’t sold. I can’t get my head around it.

On my new one, the engine build and ITBs alone would cost me more than I paid for the car. Then throw in a gripper, cage, seats, harnesses etc…

I still think they’re bargains.

Track car is an overly used term in the Clio world. 😂

Last edited:
Hi all,

I'm going to put my 182 up for sale but have no idea what to price it at, as it has a couple of major issues...

Firstly it is in limp mode. There is an issue with the potentiometer track 1 signal. My local garage has had a look but after trying a new pedal and throttle body and cleaning the connector block I'm reluctant to spend any more money on it.

Secondly, the paint work is terrible, mainly on the bumpers, boot and wing mirrors. Lacquer peel mainly, but it's very bad.

It's on about 125k miles, 2005, black gold and is a standard car (full interior) with the usual mods; exhaust, bushes, RS tuner 98 Ron map etc.

History is ok, it has a receipt for gearbox rebuild and new clutch only a couple of years ago but the belt change was verbal, so any new owner may want to do that for piece of mind.

Any thoughts on price would be welcome.

Would £1200 be a fair price to ask for this?

LincsClio

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault clio 182
No a question i really wanted to ask but between work and my 6month old little man the car is just sitting with no love.
Need to know what its worth but dont even really know where to start as a price bracket.

Overview :

2005 plate BG Clio 182
124k (roughly)
No MOT
Owned since May 2022
Partial history

Previous owners work (receipted) :
- Head Rebuilt / Cambelt with dephaser done 2018.
- New power steering pump, brake hoses, discs and pads
- Track rod ends both sides
- Gearbox rebuilt and clutch drive shafts may 2021 (Has issues read further down)
- Alternator ht leads and spark plugs within last 1000mile
-John Ashley exhaust system

Bad Bits :
- 5th gear syncro went jan 2023- i have relocated this and the gearbox now goes up through gears.
-Car has been sat un-started since Jan 2023 as the plan was to strip it down and replace parts bit by bit.
- Currently got no battery or ecu connected.
- Halway through refurbing alloys so two are finished and painted in white and two are off the car with alloy repair filler on them
- Stripped off the car is front bumper / ecu / battery / battery mounting / rear wheels / bonnet latch and brace. Rad/aircon in but not hosed up.

I have bought the full Nissen Radiator / Nissen aircon condenser / Nissen Rad cooling fan. This has been test fit but not installed properly.

Car itself is in okay nick for the age, slight blistering in the usuals corner of the bonnet (attached pictures)
Have all the OEM rear interior which cam when i bought the car.

Dont really know where to sit as a price point with it being un ran for so long, im sure someone with a couple of days to spend would get it back together and running but unfortunatley that isnt me !
PXL_20220317_180335333.jpg
PXL_20220317_175145600.jpg
20230424_185544.jpg
20230424_185529.jpg
20230424_185348.jpg

1.2 Dynamique
Hi all,

Long time lurker (ex 182 and 265 owner)...currently got a focus ST3 and seen an m135 that I'm potentially interested in. Following on from a thread that was well received by another focus ST owner (seller) recently, would anyone have any thoughts on the value of mine...63 plate, 73k miles, partial history (missing invoices for a couple oil changes), MOT January, new PS4 tyres fitted in summer, couple of the common issues have been addressed, no issues right now.

Thanks all!

Attachments

• IMG-20230127-WA0003.jpeg
    IMG-20230127-WA0003.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 33

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
It's worth less than the insurance on the m135...jokes

As a guide, Ive recently paid 7k for a ST2 on 100k with impeccable service history

1.2 Dynamique
Very good point, I'd seen some of the issues around that so was the first thing I checked, pretty much the same as the ST with a Warrington postcode surprisingly!

Thanks for the comparison info.