ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***How much is it worth?***

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Was wondering what people thought it was worth

2005 clio 182 BG with 38200 documented miles

cambelt, dephaser, aux belt ,water pump and tensioner a done a month ago.

Tax and mot till next april

tires discs and pads about six months old

spotless interior

brilliant condition as been very well looked after. Have a file full of receipts.

had a full cat back system including new exhaust hangers a couple of months ago.

Ive fitted a k@n gen 2 (the one with the heat shield) and oil catch can. Have a decat pipe on the way.

also had new lambda and clio pack fitted on last service.

I do have a sump leak at the moment but getting that done in next couple of weeks

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
100k mile clio?.. farrk that. in the bin?

personally on a 100k 182. id be prepared to spend a fair wack on suspension refresh, engine mounts, steering refresh and clutch.

Have you driven one on high miles? I've owned a 45k 182 and a 120k 182 (both with full service history) and I can tell you the high miles one is an absolutely stormer compared to the other one... miles on their own mean nothing.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
120k 10 year old car...

in the bin please. everything has a life span and at 100k + expect it to be a money pit.

just because its advertised as FSH doesnt mean non serviceable, non engine items are replaced! none of the suspension/steering/mounts a documented as needing changing as per a schedule.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
No offence mate but you're speaking rubbish. Buy on condition not miles... mine was bought on 109k and hasn't missed a beat in the 2.5 years I've owned it. Money pit really? I can go through every invoice I've got for it and we'll see how much it's cost me shall we.

I can see you've got your nice new car there and well done but it doesn't mean everyone else that has older cars on higher miles is driving around in something only fit for a 'bin' as you so lovingly put it.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
No offence mate but you're speaking rubbish. Buy on condition not miles... mine was bought on 109k and hasn't missed a beat in the 2.5 years I've owned it. Money pit really? I can go through every invoice I've got for it and we'll see how much it's cost me shall we.

I can see you've got your nice new car there and well done but it doesn't mean everyone else that has older cars on higher miles is driving around in something only fit for a 'bin' as you so lovingly put it.

Guess I'm coming across like a willy. im not turning my nose up mate. Ive not driven a high millage example but I have though taken my ph2 172 to 60k and it needed alot of work doing, so much so that I sold it for 1k 5 years ago. It did have FSH mind.

Granted a car isn't s**t just because its a high milage example but i still think that more often than not, it will require more axillary work.

At some point shocks will leak, the box will need a rebuild, mounts will need changing, bushes will need replacing and id expect this to occur. I won't buy a 120k 1*2 for 2k because odds are its going to need 2k worth of work and I'm no mechanic. For others willing to take up a project or turn it into a track car then its an ideal buy.

Last edited:

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
In my 10 years of driving I've owned high milers, low milers, full service history cars, no service history cars, expensive cars, cheap cars, standard cars, modified cars... and my overall conclusion is that there's no correlation between anything! Most cars are s**t, but a few seem to keep on going regardless :) this Clio 182 for me has probably been the best I've owned.

And in case you were wondering what the worst was, Fiat Punto :dead:

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Lol it does make you sound like a willy I see where you coming from though. But any car is a gamble I would have a clio on any mileage. Age can also wear things out not just mileage

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
In my 10 years of driving I've owned high milers, low milers, full service history cars, no service history cars, expensive cars, cheap cars, standard cars, modified cars... and my overall conclusion is that there's no correlation between anything! Most cars are s**t, but a few seem to keep on going regardless :) this Clio 182 for me has probably been the best I've owned.

And in case you were wondering what the worst was, Fiat Punto :dead:

Guess building my opinion on my one and only bad example of a 172 is a tad harsh.

ill sit down. lol

172 Cup
hey guys, planning on selling on the clio so wondering what its worth as it stands:

Clio 172 Cup (Ph2) in Monaco Blue

- 73200 miles on the clock
- FSH

Servicing
- Belts done last year at around 62k along with dephaser
- Recent major service (3 weeks ago)
- Recent tax,MOT due in Aug
- All brake lines changed with brand new ones + goodridge braided hoses + brake fluid (4.1dot, blue stuff)
- Nearly new Ferodo DS2500 pads and new disks all round
- Recent suspension refresh (new shocks, bushes, new Eibach springs all round)
- JMS RS2 intake manifold and remap a few months ago, all installed and mapped at RSTuning in Leeds
- Vibratech engine mounts
- Conti tires all round, done around 10k miles

Will sell off with :
- Original intake + airbox etc
- 50mm extensions for the JMS intake (never installed as I didn't want to put bonnet pins and keep it as close to stock)

Bad parts
- your general wear and tear + a few minor scratches here and there
- Wheels could do with a refurb

Well loved and looked after little thing, don't even want to think of how much ££ i've put into it lol.

Cheers,
Mihai.

Civic Type R FN2
Same as I asked before:

"Clio 182 Cup in Inferno - 2005 05 reg.
Just under 76k miles. I'm the third owner. FSH, serviced last in May.
MOT until May 2015 (no advisories!), tax until end of Oct 2014. Rear tyres only 1000 miles old, front have plenty of tread and are probably 4000 miles old. Belts were done @ 40k miles or 3 years ago.

Everything works, aircon is ice cold and radio is standard.
The body is in great condition, if anything there is an inch of paint missing on one of the allows, but otherwise it's great."

There are changes though - It's a Cat D, and there is some accident damage. I'm wondering if it's worth fixing the damage and potentially selling for more, or selling as it is. Although it's not completely obvious the damage is there so may just leave as is! Still drives the same, and had it re-MOT for the insurance company, and it passed again no advisories (required a couple of bits prior though).

Many thanks

Pics of damage:

eq5tp5.jpg

veokfb.jpg

2lsxge9.jpg

qxm0ww.jpg

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
hey guys, planning on selling on the clio so wondering what its worth as it stands:

Clio 172 Cup (Ph2) in Monaco Blue

- 73200 miles on the clock
- FSH

Servicing
- Belts done last year at around 62k along with dephaser
- Recent major service (3 weeks ago)
- Recent tax,MOT due in Aug
- All brake lines changed with brand new ones + goodridge braided hoses + brake fluid (4.1dot, blue stuff)
- Nearly new Ferodo DS2500 pads and new disks all round
- Recent suspension refresh (new shocks, bushes, new Eibach springs all round)
- JMS RS2 intake manifold and remap a few months ago, all installed and mapped at RSTuning in Leeds
- Vibratech engine mounts
- Conti tires all round, done around 10k miles

Will sell off with :
- Original intake + airbox etc
- 50mm extensions for the JMS intake (never installed as I didn't want to put bonnet pins and keep it as close to stock)

Bad parts
- your general wear and tear + a few minor scratches here and there
- Wheels could do with a refurb

Well loved and looked after little thing, don't even want to think of how much ££ i've put into it lol.

Cheers,
Mihai.
2500-3k

Thoughts on this?
Clio Mk3 138 S 2.0 Dynamique. Black, 57 Reg only two owners, mint condition in & out on only 29k with FRSH. Extras include Parrot kit, dark grey interior surrounds, rear boot spoiler. It has electric folding mirrors & keyless entry too (dunno if they're standard or not?)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Renault Megane R26
51k miles
57 plate
LY
12 months MOT
2 brand new tyres, 2 half down
6 months tax
FSH - fresh service
Bought it off Steve RS motors last April for about £8k
Think it has 2 or 3 previous owners

[Just about to put it through an MoT and service - 2 new PS3's about a month ago]

Don't use the car much, only done about 2k in 18 months and 1k was two journies.

Unfortunatley the window reg has broken.

No major scratches or wheel scuffs etc.

Do you think £6k is a bit low - just got a webuyanycar quote and they will give me (apparently) £5,600.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...eanedValue=R26&M=539&Page=1&isExperiment=True

Looking online low 6's would seem more reasonable.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
Will be selling my 2010 megane 250 FF in the next 3 months.
looking for 13k ono
38k miles
2 owners
cup pack
visibility pack (xenons +DRLS folding mirrors), Rs monitor,
climate, USB + bluetooth,
Leather recaros, tyre pressure monitors, spare wheel.
FSH
New brake discs + pads 3 weeks ago.
Metallic black
Formal advert to follow soon

Last edited:
  Mk5 Golf Gti
Hi guys, Would really appreciate someone telling me how much my car would be worth!

-Clio Sport 182 Cup in Racing Blue
-68k miles
-Cambelt/Dephaser and Waterpump replaced at 63k miles only a year ago.
-Owned by enthusiasts who have serviced the car themselves (I have around 100+ receipts for parts)
-Miltek Exhaust with brand new Cat only 400 miles ago
-Passed MOT last month with no advisories
-Short Shifter
-Grooved Discs and Ferodo Racing Brake Pads
-Uprated poly bushes & Braided Brake lines
-Lots of carbon (Bullets, Washer blanks, rear wiper surround, rear exhaust surround and rear bumper carbon strip)
-Brand new oil cooler
-4x Brand new toyo proxes t1r (100 miles old)
-Brand new engine mount (50 miles old)
-Abundance of service history

Probably a few more things, just curious as to what you guys think it is worth!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Glasses say about 5.5-5.8K on that Mileage with Liquid yellow buying Retail from a dealer. 4.3 if you are trading it in. There would be a little bit extra if you had the lux pack.

Those guides are pointless - no car is ever as undervalued as they make out.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Test the water at £6995 you can always take an offer. .

To be honest, I just want £6k - if I can get that, I'm happy. I think £6k seems reasonable. I'll throw it up on the weekend for £6.2k and see how it goes.

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Got a standard 182 steering wheel and airbag that's done 28k miles. Few marks and little bit of melting but pretty good as 182 wheels go!
Whats it worth?
y8azu3yv.jpg

Megane 175 & BG182
Thinking of selling my LY 182 later this year, probably end of september time. It has 109k on it, really good condition, interior is immaculate, not like its done 109k, exterior has a few stone chips on front bumper other than that there are no marks etc. FSH altho is due a belt start of 2015, silver turinis, lots of money spent on it by me over the last 12 months, including new brakes, new tyres, suspension parts including springs, induction plus lots more. I have a massive folder of receipts with it. It has lots of mods altho I will return to almost standard for the sale. Any idea/help with a value?

Last edited:
Sorry for the lack of information but if anyone could help with a rough price how much my dci is worth it would be greatly appreciated!

Renaukt Clio 1.5 dci 65
04 plate on 75,000 genuine miles with mot and tax until next year (tax is £30 a year)
body colour is black in good condition
folder full of mot certificates, reciepts and proof of work carried out.
perfect runner and genuine reason forsale

any help would be great!
thanks

JLK

1.2 Replica
What would my clio be worth if I sold it today?

1.2 16v extreme 3 in Malaga Orange. It will have tax and Mot for 1 year. With following done to it.
Front mounts
Brakes
Discs
Leather interior
Radio
Upgraded speakers
Full renault sport body kit, colour coded side strips
Turinis with legal tread
Sport grill
Angel eyes
Lexus lights

There's more but can't remember of the top of my head.