ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How long should a coil pack last...?

Clio GT
Having a problem with my EML staying on.

From what i can find on the faults section, most people, and from previous experience are going down the route of a coil pack failure/problem....

Story is, i bought a 59 plate clio GT about 3 weeks ago. A couple of times from starting when cold it can run a tad rough for a few mintues, but once warm it sorts its self out and all is peachy.

Last night, when starting up from cold (car sat in work car park all day) when at idle my EML light started flashing away, but after driving for about half a mile disappeared when the engine started to warm up.

I've contacted the dealer i bought the car from, but looking to go in armed with some details when i do drop it in for diagnostics....

The car has done 24K, should a coil pack last longer than this...? In my previous mk2 i was touching 75k before even a hint of a mis-fire of even a cough that sounded out of place.
Also, should my warrenty cover it?? (car under 3 years old) Just curious as to wear n tear Vs Earlier than average breakdowns in parts

Any experinces greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!

Renault 21 turbo
I Dnt know the life expectancy of a coil pack. but what I do know is, you bought this car from a dealer and its still under manufactures warranty. So don't worry, be polite and unfortunatly you might be without your gt for a couple of days but either way wherever you bought it from or the main dealer will HAVE to sort it. :)

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Ditto. The dealer has to sort it. It could be the leads are breaking down slightly and tracking when it's damp. Mine always fires up first time and runs fine but I replaced the leads with some high performance ones a couple of years ago as the old ones were getting well past their best.