ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How long have you owned yours?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Had mine since May '06 - Covered 86k miles in the old girl now.

Keep wanting rid of it but hard to say goodbye :(

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Maybe but I need to pile some money into it for me to fall in love with it again and I'm reluctant to do so... If I had more space I'd probably get something sensible and keep the Clio and strip it like you have but only got 2 spaces and have 2 cars :(

CLIO 182
About 6 months, intend to keep her till she dies.

When she does, I'll fix it and it'll be a dedicated track toy :)

Almost a year... Can't believe it. As much as I love it, and as much as I intended on keeping it till it broke/I stripped it for track. I have to face facts and I am already hunting for potential replacements!! Just wish I could afford to keep it as a second car!

172 cup
Had a ph2 172 for about 4 months then reluctantly to a saxo vts for about 2 months then to a ph1 172 which i have had for about a month and intend to keep untill it is deed :D

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Christ,

172 Cup.........Dec 2004 - May 2007
182 Cupped....May 2007 - Jan 2008
197 ..............Jan 2008 - Sept 2009
172 Cup.........Sept 2009 - Sept 2010
197 Cup.........Sept 2010 - current.

Dedication, right there. ;)

RS6 C7
Christ,

Whats your favourite and why?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Just over 12 months, its going soon to be replaced by a megane 225 :D

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Whats your favourite and why?

First Cup I reckon. We had a love hate relationship. The hate parts were it rattled more than the Punto GT I had before it................
Love parts though, wasnt *that* many RS Clios round on H&R coilovers back then, looked fresh as it was still pretty new (paid a smidge over 7k iirc!) So direct, brutal feeling, it was a beaut! Worse one at the time was the 182, never really connected hence owning it for 7 months, bit meh really!

Megane GT
Christ,

How come you went back to a 172 and then back to a 197?

Had my 1.2 a year next week and that was a couple of months old when I got it. Going to get rid of it next year though. Maybe a cheeky 250.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
RE: g@z

Was that a silver one that would often drive from Farndon to Chester via sainsburys?

Nah used to see that, was it not a 172 with Turinis? Mondial is the only colour for a Cup ;)

How come you went back to a 172 and then back to a 197?

House deposit, although looking back I probably should have just kept the 197 as I spent more than I should have on the second Cup!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
It was a beaut!............ and started the addiction :dapprove:

Megane GT
Nah used to see that, was it not a 172 with Turinis? Mondial is the only colour for a Cup ;)

House deposit, although looking back I probably should have just kept the 197 as I spent more than I should have on the second Cup!

Ahh right, thought it would be something like that. :)

197 FF Glacier White
14 months now. No issues and still love driving it! I'm that impressed with it I'm looking at getting a late low mileage 182 FF as my daily as the running costs on these things are very good compared to most of the other cars I've owned. The Cup is a little raw, on my own I don't care, but with a passenger I'm overly aware of it to be honest, the noise especially.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
3 years next january. Just shy of 30k miles - i have to say its been immense - no idea what i'd replace it with for similar money.