ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how hard is it to do a service on the drive?

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
hello, so i got my first car last friday and on the dash the service light is on. i know if i was to take it to the garage they would charge me a bomb probs, chef in my work said its not a hard job! any one do it before? how hard is it? and wheres best place to order new spark plugs filters etc? cheers

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Serv light on a 2004 1.2 means it has a problem, not that it wants a oil service etc. All mk2 Clios never came with a service indicator for oil changes etc.

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
just the service light is on, i know i need to get my track rod end done could that be the problem?. and would it still be worth servicing it?

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
I'm sure the serv light comes on when my passenger air bag is playing up? Just mess with the wires under the passenger seat and the light goes away.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I think nothing of changing the engine and box on the drive etc. you need the right tools for whatever job you are doing though of course, just randomly soon things cause the service light came on isn't likely to end well. Lol.

53 Clio's & counting
For the budding DIY'er who is stuck without the correct tool to undo the sump plug, I have found out the rectangular bar in between the handles of a house door fits perfectly :eek:

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
the cars just done a good 200/300 mile the run so it cant be the oil levels!. its going in to get the tracking done so ill get the guy to have a look to see whats wrong with the service light

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Course it can be the oil!

just check it ffs or it could well go bang and your next thread will be titled " how hard is it to change an engine on the drive?"

Focus
SERV light has nothing to do with oil level

I thought it did? Serv light was on when I first got my 172, after checking everything not obvious, checked the oil and it was below the dipstick, topped up and the light went out! I thought when the oil level indicator got below the mark it popped on the Serv light? (Your a professional so no idea why I'm questioning it) lol.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I thought it did? Serv light was on when I first got my 172, after checking everything not obvious, checked the oil and it was below the dipstick, topped up and the light went out! I thought when the oil level indicator got below the mark it popped on the Serv light? (Your a professional so no idea why I'm questioning it) lol.

Does on every other Renault I've been in too.

Williams 2
For the budding DIY'er who is stuck without the correct tool to undo the sump plug, I have found out the rectangular bar in between the handles of a house door fits perfectly :eek:

Haha that's amazing!

I haven't got the tool to do the sump plug, what do I do now? Oh I know, try a door handle! lol!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I think nothing of changing the engine and box on the drive etc. you need the right tools for whatever job you are doing though of course, just randomly soon things cause the service light came on isn't likely to end well. Lol.

Silly autocorrect should have said "...just randomly doing things.."