ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How far on a Full Tank?

MCS R56
how are ppl in 182s getting this many miles on a tank! had my car just over a week n petrol light came on today n i only just it 280! and thats with putting an extra £7 in, so about 56 litres got me 280 miles! that cant b right? headly been "driving it" either. worked it out n its about 22.5 mpg! how are people getting 30+!!??

its had a ktec exhuast n decat, would a cat make a differance?

That's terrible for a 182. You should be getting 22.5mpg when ragging it all the time! Maybe it's bust or are you just going on the trip computer, which is inaccurate?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I've had a range from:

240 - 350.

Quite a difference. Usually I'm around the 300-320 mark. 240 was not long after I first got it.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I think some peoples idea of driving hard differ TBH I've seen 16mpg which to some people on here is only achievable on track. Lol I beg to differ.

clio 182
That's terrible for a 182. You should be getting 22.5mpg when ragging it all the time! Maybe it's bust or are you just going on the trip computer, which is inaccurate?

whats bust? no trip says about 26/17, 22.5 is me working out the mpg, by total litres divided my 4.5 to work out the gallons, then total miles divided by the gallons, gives me 22.5

MCS R56
whats bust? no trip says about 26/17, 22.5 is me working out the mpg, by total litres divided my 4.5 to work out the gallons, then total miles divided by the gallons, gives me 22.5

The car. If that's you taking it easy and getting 22.5, something ain't right.

172 ph-quick
Just over 460 miles on a tank is my best in the 172, all motorway driving apart from about 30 miles of it. Lost my bottle at that point and had to put some more in but was surprised at that. From herne bay in kent to abergavenny in wales and back without filling up.

Normal driving sees me at between 300 and 350 and i enjoy a play from time to time.:)

oh and the low readings people are getting, bear in mind being sat in traffic and short journeys doesnt help mpg

Black Clio GT
around 400 miles a tank at the min, mostly in traffic/short motorway blast. getting about 32mpg but its not driven slowly....

F56 MINI Cooper S
Normally fill up on about 350/360 miles. The needle is in between the red and last white bit by this time.

Not sure how many more miles it would do on the same tank.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Mines Bern w**k lately, 250 miles on full tank to fuel light.

Ph1
Ha how are people getting so much i get about 200 off a full tank. If I stick 20 quid in about 100 miles. Computer normally says 27 mpg.

I think some peoples idea of driving hard differ TBH I've seen 16mpg which to some people on here is only achievable on track. Lol I beg to differ.

Maybe worth checking your lambda's.

That aint normal unless your giving it maximum death everywhere.

Normal driving should be mid to high 30's average

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
250-360miles mix of every thing. I did notice that if I put in cheap Tesco 99 I get about 50-60miles less a tank than Vmax or Texico 99ron stuff

Freetrack&Monaco 172

250-360miles mix of every thing. I did notice that if I put in cheap Tesco 99 I get about 50-60miles less a tank than Vmax or Texico 99ron stuff

Hmmm, I always use Tesco 99 and always get 240 miles to 7/8ths of the tank. I do however work in the middle of the countryside (B road fun) and drive quite hard when the roads are clear, which is most of the time. Trip reads 28/29mpg.

On long motorway runs I can get 40/42mpg and just under 400ish miles to the tank.

Might try some other fuels for a bit to see if it makes a difference......

Astra SRI/ Hornet

i can get it to go upto 40mpg on the motorway so nothing wrong with the car but my car is a toy for weekends so when i drive it gets used in a sporting manor, lol

172 Cup
i would love to see some of the posts this time last year, saying i cant get more than £35 in, i am only getting 300 per tank, costing £45.

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
My phase 1 172 will do 300 miles of mixed town and country road/lane driving with quite a fair bit of "spirited" driving thrown in for good measure. In car MPG readout is 29.7 MPG, and that is using Tesco 99ron unleaded.

It has recently had a full rebuild with a few goodies, and I am going upto London (from Cornwall) and back this coming weekend so will report back how it does on a decent long motorway drive. :) Might even try some V-Power for a change...

DCi 100
mines gets about 300 ish ... and its a 1.2 LOL

Mostly get 280-300 from my 1.2 minus the cold air feed pipe though. Runs well, just 80% of my journeys are short. I've got 80-90 miles from a quarter tank when I took it on a long run.

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
Around 300ish in my 1.4, most of it is only driving 1 or 2 miles, literally 5 minutes in the car. Yes i'm lazy.

BTB'd PH1 172
Max I've ever got is around 360 miles, although I reckon I could've gone further because when I filled it up again, I was only able to get 45L of petrol in so there was still another 5L in there!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Not far:dapprove:
DSC00177.jpg

Bet Its worth it tho !! lol :D

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
So I did 575 miles before filling up 42 litres, but apparently the DCi tank is 50 litres, so I still had another 8 litres to go? Surely good for a hundred or so miles at least.

:cool:

I don't abuse the car anymore than what I would call 'average' for someone who owns a hot hatch, but I still only get no more than 250 miles to £50 of V-power.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
did london and back on a full tank so thats 360 miles all motorway driving, mostly cruise control and it cost me 62 quid (v-power)

182 FF Cupped
this is interesting as im currently doing some tests..

last week i filled the 182 up - cost £46 and i got 261miles to the tank. - indicated 29.7mpg

this week i filled her up - cost £44.50 and ive done 275 miles so far, and have just over 1 bar of fuel left, and a range of 78 miles left.-indicated 34.4mpg

difference being i drove how i normally drive last week.. so not nailing it but not hanging about, this week ive drove light a saint

Mini Cooper S
I tend to average about 430 miles from my tank, on track to do 490 from my current one tho! 55L tank, £60 95 RON - MK3 1.2 TCE.

I think 30MPG+ in any petrol car is respectable TBH. My driving is mostly town driving with a bit of dual carriageway.

Black RS200
Getting around 170 miles (29.6mpg) then usually get 44 to 47 ltrs when i fill up.
Pointless saying how much it cost per tank as prices differ from town to town.

Most ive had is around 340 miles which was on a long trip driving with a light foot.

Clio Mk3
I've got a 1.4 and only do town drivng, literally a couple of miles to work a day and driving too and from my gf's which is again only a couple of miles. I get just under 400 miles on a tank and it does around 31 to 32 miles to a gallon, depending if i do take it on a few longer journeys down the motorway or something similar. I generally drive pretty economically as well, as i sit in traffic most the time so change gear at about 3,000 most of the time.