ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How far on a Full Tank?

clio 182
These ppl in 1*2s who are saying they are getting 300+ on a tank,
is this up to the petrol light comes on or running out of fuel. The most am getting is 280 before petrol light comes on. The only way am gunna get 300+ is if I run it out of fuel lol.

197 FF Glacier White
Just done my first full tank in the 172 Cup, 317 from light to light. Mix of motorway and urban, about 50/50 this tank. Quite pleased with that, I have tried it out too so once I've got into a rhythm, 300 is achievable on a regular basis, I can live with that.

G

F56 MINI Cooper S
I get about 300 ish miles on a full tank, sometimes abit more. best i've got is 320mile to a tank

M3 SMG
I get 260 on a bad tank and 280 on a good one, 95% town driving.

Used to get 300 when i first got it!

Think Lambdas need changing!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Thread bump.

I've just tested my last two tanks. One i got 300 and the next 320. How people get 400odd is beyond me..lol

MK3 GTI golf 16v
i got about 400 miles off a full tank at christmas

300 miles of which was motorways though

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Mine does have a few mods which i guess never helps. Still im happy with what i get just dont know how you get much more. I dont drive like a granny though i guess

I got through two tanks full in two weeks, did 790 miles(it is emptyyyyy now tho lol) 45% motorway 20% country roads and 35% town.
That's not really hanging hanging about either - god knows how you lot only get 300!!

ph1 172
Normally fill mine before the light comes on, between 320-370miles.

Normally average 38-41mpg with mixed driving... yes, driving like a granny :rasp:

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I can get 400 miles outta the 200. 350 before the fuel light comes on though.

Listerine & Poledo
172 is showing 44mpg at the moment after some very leisurely long runs.

on the first leg of the trip I managed to show 47! This wasn't doing 30 everywhere either, just staying with the normal traffic, coasting towards roundabouts, leaving room in front to minimise braking. Basic stuff. No sense in trying to rush about on NYE afternoon anyway and I never had any traffic behind me.

By it's own calculations (i.e. wrong ones) I'm staring at iro 430 miles in total, but I doubt that'll happen

107 Track Car & C4
I get about 280miles out of a tank in my 182, but driving is mainly round town and short'ish trips, about 28-30mpg. On a run I get around 42mpg and have even had 47.2 mpg once!

Fiesta ST
520 miles is the best i have got. A trip to London and back. From absolute max to almost juddering to a stop. Generally get 400ish out of a tank. My car seems a bit of an freak when it comes to fuel consumption.

02 Clio 172
My average mpg always seems to be around 25-30 mpg but it's mostly short journeys around very hilly areas and always with a heavy foot ( once shes warm of course)

Ibiza FR Edition
I reckon I get between 300 and 400 in my 182 depending on whether I am mostly commuting or cruising on the motorway, but to be fair I do drive in quite sensibly most of the time!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Full to fuel light on is usually about 320ish miles.

About 33mpg average over last 2 years.

RS172
I put £54 in this morning drove from bristol to Chester 174 miles getting 40ish mpg and still got just under 3/4 of a tank left car says 380 miles left

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
SOmething must be wrong with either your driving or car. my 182, if i was carful did 400+ per tank, so at least 360 before the light.

Megane 225 F1
I haven't reset my mpg gauge in over a year so every time I look at it, it says 41mpg :) Makes me feel better.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
If yoiur asking me, about £60, that was when fuel was £1.19 a litre. My 182 did have a Superchip, not sure if that made a difference, once got 500 miles out of it!

Listerine & Poledo
still on 43.3mpg in he 172.

wouldn't even be that low if I hadn't had to drive the width of London and back

Liquid Yellow R27
In my 182 FF I'm getting about 360 miles on a full tank on a good drive down the motorway and back. That's with putting my foot down a bit inbetween to. After driving for about 3 weeks both motorway and city streets I'm averaging out about 33.4mpg. I find for a 2 litre that the 182's at really good on fuel! Full tank of fuel is about £50 - £60 roughly.

I'm seeing about 250-270 miles out of my FF 182 before the light comes on. Pretty much all town driving and mostly short journeys. On the occasional motorway trip I am not seeing much better than 30MPG indicated but that generally tends to be because I sit between 80-90, which at 4-4.5k RPM isn't great for economy. These clio's really could have done with a 6th gear.