ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How far have you lowered your mk2 ph2?

Clio Sport 1.4 16v
Im considering lowering my 1.4 mk2 ph2 about 40mm on 17s but im worried it'll just be too hard and uncomfortable to do any distance in!

What do you recon?

thanks

Clio Sport 1.4 16v
haha not going to happen mate. I lowered my last car 70mm and that sucked! was a corsa tho so expected!

Chocolate Bar™
i had mine lowered 80mm on coilovers, and was a lot softer than some of the cars i've been on on springs. The key is a good suspension kit, cant beat fks for the non sports

clio 1.4 petrol
getting mine lowered tomoz on 60mm mk2 ph1 so ill tell you it it goes... just normal springs tho so im not sure about handling. But it should look awesome with my 17s.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
60mm and not low enough looking to go 80-100mm next not to bothered about going lower would be nice as long as it still handles the same or even better!

i was in binns clio lowered 40mm on just apex springs and it felt standard to me compaired to my -60mm apex kit, had a lot less body roll than standard but with a good ride!

GOLF GT TDI
Im considering lowering my 1.4 mk2 ph2 about 40mm on 17s but im worried it'll just be too hard and uncomfortable to do any distance in!

What do you recon?

thanks

i got 17's on my MK2 PH1 got full adjustable coilovers about 60mm on the rear and about 70mm on the front, i found the ride bloody hard for the first few days but like everything you get used to it

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
mines is about 75 on 15's (phase 1 tho)

goes like a go-kart, chuck the 17s in the bin and buy some practical wheels!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Try driving around in a vauxhall astra with a bilstein streetline kit, then lower your car 60mm on springs. soft and comfy in comparison to the astra :approve:

CTR--VX220D
This is the way to have it:-

CoiloverFitting6.jpg

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
172 cup, FK coilovers lowerd 60mm at the front and all the way at the back, about 70mm cause i`ve took out the back seats so needed to b as low as poss! also the rebound is set as hard as it can b, hopefully 4 better accelaration.;)

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
Lowered mine by 40mm and i have 15 wheels its not gone much harder. I'm getting 182 alloys on it soon though

clio 1.4 petrol
I lowered mine by 60mm on 17s. Its settling in very nicely. But thre is big change in suspension going over bumpy roads etc. But it feels more sporty and easier to handle. Overall I think its better just takes soem getting used to.

Clio Sport 1.4 16v
I think 40mm is probably a safe option. Ive noticed today that im running on 55 profile tyres as standard so that obviously helps it ride softly. It does feel a bit twitchy at high speed though.

Has anyone uprated their brake pads? I need some new ones and I was thinking of goiong for some black diamonds, almost half the price of EBC green stuff and I hear good things?