ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how do you transport a bonnet with a clio

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
well thats easy!!...

551792910a11899004717o.jpg

and some pics of the finished article once it was towed home!
551792910a11899004792o.jpg

551792910a11899004810o.jpg

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
very nice mate! is it yours? Is the rear diffuser cracked and hangin off?!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
diffuser has the side parts missing at the moment as were waiting on rear spats for the back bumper coming back from the bodyshop to see what looks better. the big cut out in the diffuser is where the exhaust goes.

weve just about completed the single turbo conversion on it.

and its my mates not mine, mine is the tow car :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
that diffuser is fitted very wrong lol! the centre bit the lip should bolt to the bumper... saw the bonnet pic and thought thats a rex bonnet lol

clio ph2
a thought a knew that rex lol shauns rex is awsome man is he still using they daft gloves so he dont ruin the steering wheel he was pissed as a fart at the perth clan japan meet :rasp:

Evo 6, E92 320d
I'd still love an fd, but as an everyday car i think the petrol would cripple me, still 100 miles a week shouldn't cost me too much?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I'd still love an fd, but as an everyday car i think the petrol would cripple me, still 100 miles a week shouldn't cost me too much?

you would be able to do 100 miles on 30 quid easy prob more like 150 miles... problem is if its short journeys thats when you get problems with rx7's lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
before anyone buys a rx7 i would seriously look in to costs lol it will take every penny you have to keep it on the road! if you ignore the fuel it can be pretty costly on other things, oil change every 3k is prob the cheapest part of it, £12 every 3k is all it costs if you do it at home lol...

but plugs every 10ish k set of 9's all round is 40 ish quid if you go single your supposed to really be running 10's and 11's which your looking 130ish every 6-7k they dont last long, it gets stupidly hot under the bonnet things like ignition leads dont last too well and they are about 100 quid for a good set...

if you want to mod it at all you really need an ecu most people run power fc's if you can get a second hand one your looking at 500ish, new one is about 850, then £350 for initial mapping and around £150 every engine mod you make and yes you do need it they dont like detonation.

i just put mine through a mot they didnt even bother with emissions which was a god send lol, but i knew it would fail on anti roll bar mounts which i replaced which were 50 quid for the bushes and then i needed new drop links which were about the same price also a rose joint on the back had gone there are 2 either side they are 80 quid each and they seem to enjoy going! luckily i had a new lower arm with joints in and replaced it...

after xmas im polybushing the whole suspension its over 400 for all the bushes then a good 2 days to fit them in a garage (including stripping and painting arms and subframes)

then engine rebuilds, if you have one and the plates, housings and rotors are all in good shape good because then for porting and rebuild you are looking at 2k ish... if you need new plates or housings or rotors the price jumps HUGELY! mate of mine chipped a tip on the way to jap show finalé damaged his housings, even with second hand housings it was over 3.5k for a rebuild... sticking a single turbo on it well easily over 1k for the turbo, mani and wastegate... my fueling settup which im also doing after xmas which is 2 new fuel rails, 1680cc injectors, secondary 850cc injectors cleaned and fitted in primary place, fuel pressure regulator, braided fuel pipe, is costing over 500quid without installation and mapping, and i might be running a swirl pot with lift pump which is another 300ish...

these cars aint cheap lol... im running just over 300bhp at the wheels atm, which even when i put the new fueling on im near the limit of the twin turbos wont be much over 320bhp at the wheels, so i then have to go single which i will want an engine rebuild for with bridge ports it will prob cost me 8-10k on engine work to get where i want!

oh and im having a clutch done in 1-2 weeks, clutch on its own without bearings and fitting is nearly 600 quid! on top of that i need a release bearing and pilot bearing and fitting... these aint cheap cars lol

these cars come up for sale cheap for a reason lol! good luck if you want one.