ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do people do it (gross content)

Clio 172
Bought a cheap daily DCI with the sales man saying it needed a clean, thought yeah needs a wipe and hoover. I always keep my cars clean (very clean) but this is a polar opposite! The sales man must of sprayed it with something, as the days went on the smell got worse and worse. It got so bad I really thought I was going to be sick! But since buying the car I had been working long days and not had 2 mins to look at it. When the weekend for here it was time to clean it!!!! I don't have any pics of before but I have a few as I was doing it. The previous owner had dogs and a smoking problem and lazy as fook. The back seats was thick with dog hair and stains and crusty. The hoover didn't even touch it, tried a brush but the smell was too much to make it worth the effort, so out it come only to reveal even more hair and crap. Pictures don't do it justice as it only picks out the main bulk hair. On the pic of the rear you can see between the body and the rear interior panels is full of hair and the hand brake pic speaks for itself. The smell ripping out the interior was making me gag.

IMG_20160117_154828006_zpsfeohrnwa.jpg

IMG_20160117_140641572_zpsidmkd91i.jpg

IMG_20160123_214225650_zpsxz6bhlfm.jpg

Can't wait to get the new interior in and drive the car without feeling sick

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ah ok. Was going to say remind me not to moan as much when our cars go out lol. I'm sure it will be minty mint after you've sorted it. Be good to see the after pics providing you survive

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I have seen worse tbh. I don't cringe at customers cars but there has been occasions when I've thought I'm gonna need a tetnus after this

dan's cast offs.
cleaned worse than that. bicarb is your friend when it comes to smells. gets rid of dog sick/tripe smells no problem!!

Clio 172
Surely you new it was caked in s**t before you bought it?

Yes and no, car was cheap so was buying either way. Popped my head in, didn't look bad with a general look, saw a bit of dog hair and thought it would clean. He had mats down too. Main smell and state is in the back. For what I paid I don't mind putting a new interior in tbh

dan's cast offs.
hot water and throw some in and give a scrub, won't clean much but will help get rid of the smell.

535d / t5 caravelle
Yes and no, car was cheap so was buying either way. Popped my head in, didn't look bad with a general look, saw a bit of dog hair and thought it would clean. He had mats down too. Main smell and state is in the back. For what I paid I don't mind putting a new interior in tbh
Fair enough, one of my mates used to let his German Shepherd in his car all the time, a mk2 astra gte 16v lol, I nearly choked to death everything I went in that car, good luck getting rid of the smell and hairs, the few times our dog's have been in the boot of our old cars I've struggled to get all the hairs out.

Clio 172
Fair enough, one of my mates used to let his German Shepherd in his car all the time, a mk2 astra gte 16v lol, I nearly choked to death everything I went in that car, good luck getting rid of the smell and hairs, the few times our dog's have been in the boot of our old cars I've struggled to get all the hairs out.

Replacing every bit of interior trim, replacing carpet, belts the lot. Then its just the headlining that will need cleaning.