ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How dare they :)

Clio 182 Fiat Coupe
CS is a good, useful and helpful forum. Along with the Fiat Coupe club uk, Its up there with the best of them

Of course, there will always be a few flids on every car forum, but usually ignorance is bliss where spacktards are concerned!

Nothing at the mo :(
Do love the way ppl claim CS at times, best site let alone forum i use really

Ive not had a car let alone for a RS for over a year now, and CS is my homepage :D

RS250, 182, 172
Most of the help I've needed on here I have found via the search button. I am on the Impreza P1 owners club, which I found to be the best and friendliest forum i've been on. They didn't have a very high regard of scoobynet either.

Clio 172 Cup 03 plat
OMG! I can't believe what some of them are saying on the scoob forum!

I love CS as always had an answer to my problems. Only been on one meet that was great to swap info.

I know there are always t***s on every forum type but I don't think CS is that bad.

As for clio's not being reliable, I use mines 12,000 miles a year and have had very little in the way of problems that you wouldn't get with any car!

Rant over :)

04 Monaco Blue 172
I have no interest in 'flaming' you and I think it's a shame you feel like that. So I thought I'd look into why and see if there was something that could be improved or people that need to be told to be nicer to new members.

But I'm also wondering why you felt the need to lie? Do you think saying that CS is nasty mean and horrible achieves something?

You've made 5 threads since you joined. None of which have been removed. 4 from 5 have had replies and people helping you. The only one with zero replies is a wanted thread for lowering springs.

You've also had no posts deleted at any point.

well, the ones i went looking for in the threads i had posted were removed.

the comment making everyone use the search function instead of just asking is said by quite a few members, surely, if they dont want to answer they shouldnt bother? saying use the search function doesnt help alot in reality does it

i did a search for somthing thats not right with my car, got no results that answered what i wanted answering, i apologize if you think i was lieing, but from the posts ive searched for i couldnt find them.

generally, i dont think you need to tell people to be nice to knew members, but if the objective of CS is to promote the club as its as perfect as every member says, then surely, members taking to the high horse will put a few off.

if you think my comments are mean and horrible to clio sport then i apologize and will keep my opinion to myself.

Maybe because we would all laugh at the fact he has made his car look like a 182 when it's not !

as to t-one234- Loved reading your post it made me laugh. You sound like a little girl who has no one to play with in the play ground. Man up!

CS has been really helpful to me since I joined yeah you get some haters but thats life ! Get on with it !

CS is the best ! :p

prehaps i am a little female in a fellas body, who knows, it just seemed an appropriate place to voice an opinion.

Last edited:
  CBR1000RR Fireblade
I miss your musk... When this all gets sorted out, I think you and me should get an apartment together!

well, the ones i went looking for in the threads i had posted were removed.

the comment making everyone use the search function instead of just asking is said by quite a few members, surely, if they dont want to answer they shouldnt bother? saying use the search function doesnt help alot in reality does it

i did a search for somthing thats not right with my car, got no results that answered what i wanted answering, i apologize if you think i was lieing, but from the posts ive searched for i couldnt find them.

generally, i dont think you need to tell people to be nice to knew members, but if the objective of CS is to promote the club as its as perfect as every member says, then surely, members taking to the high horse will put a few off.

if you think my comments are mean and horrible to clio sport then i apologize and will keep my opinion to myself.

I'm not worried about mean and horrible, just that you're wrong in your perception. People see what you say and presume you're telling the truth and then in-turn they think CS is full of goblins and monsters who delete threads.

I can see all threads even with my bad eyesight and none of yours have been removed and are all still where you put them.

If you click on your profile and then 'Threads started by...' you'll see all your threads at a glance.

The 'use the search' comments are always going to happen but it depends on what it is. If someone is asking the paint code for their car, posting about MPG or what size number plates to buy, these are all covered most days and there's hundreds of those and if someone had searched they would have found their answer.

Faults/problems etc, that's a bit different.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Generally, if you post back saying you've used the search and not found it some-one will respond either with an answer, a link to a thread or a search term that should find you the correct result also.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I do think its hard for new members to get into the forum. Ive been here for years and there is certain groups on here that like to take the mess. Dont get me wrong, its a great forum and has some great write ups and guides, but there are a few to many people waiting to make a joke out of you and then it goes to far imo.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
bit of banter never hurts anyone. yes i get the piss taken out of me for driving a dci instead of a 1.2 but that aside, each forum is different, cs.net and cliodci.net are two great forums!. the rest are a matter of opinion to how the act and pre image themselfs.

those ppl in that scooby forum have there own opinions and they can say what the want. cant say we havent slatted any forum before.

/ bullshite over

04 Monaco Blue 172
I'm not worried about mean and horrible, just that you're wrong in your perception. People see what you say and presume you're telling the truth and then in-turn they think CS is full of goblins and monsters who delete threads.

I can see all threads even with my bad eyesight and none of yours have been removed and are all still where you put them.

If you click on your profile and then 'Threads started by...' you'll see all your threads at a glance.

The 'use the search' comments are always going to happen but it depends on what it is. If someone is asking the paint code for their car, posting about MPG or what size number plates to buy, these are all covered most days and there's hundreds of those and if someone had searched they would have found their answer.

Faults/problems etc, that's a bit different.

fair points, prehaps it was just me imagining the fella out of the revels advert that put me off ;)

i will try another post about the car and see what happens, all i did last time was revive an ancient thread thinking it might generate more interest.

I do think its hard for new members to get into the forum. Ive been here for years and there is certain groups on here that like to take the mess. Dont get me wrong, its a great forum and has some great write ups and guides, but there are a few to many people waiting to make a joke out of you and then it goes to far imo.

exactly what i was trying to say but mine snowballed into a ramble lol

i do love the forum culture but it is hard getting in on this one tbh, astrasport was quite easy but i have used that for over 4 years

without sounding to much like a pansy, ill stick at trying to get into it

the knowledge base is brilliant, but i hate search functions lol

182 Cup
I love the search function personally it sometimes takes a while to find what you're after but you also find things you hadn't thought of along the way, and if all else fails I'll start a thread, 9/10 someones already had the same problem.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
With any forum, the first thing you should do before you ask a question is search. CS's search function works well, use it. Certainly some forums the search function couldn't find a black cat in the snow. If you've searched and haven't found 15 million threads then post away.

The level of moderation here is quite a bit less than many other forums, but unusually the forum hasn't gone wild. People know not to step out of line so nobody does.

I could've signed up to Club Clio. But I'd rather be a 1.2 owner in a 1*2 forum than there, and that place is like scoobynet.

182 ff cup packs
i think theres good info on here.....i had one thread locked, it was about how much you get from a tank full of fuel, not mpg....just so everyone can compare without the mpg readings.....but i cant find any "tank full" in the search....so pls open it back up as comparisons on all cars can be compared.....

182 ff cup packs
oh and as far as scoobys go...i hate them lol....but round here most are standard and get eaten by clios....lol

Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
Actually a typical scooby idiot! Every single owner of a scooby I've met is an absolute c**t. An as for this forum, it's honestly one of the most helpful I been on, anytime I have a problem, I've always been given help! Best £12 I've spent in a while. Screw those scooby driving dicks.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Lol at the Scooby haters. And the people who eat imprezas I'm guessing either two things. 1. You are a better driver, fair play. 2. You have big power as a good impreza, like an sti would quite easily be quicker.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Actually a typical scooby idiot! Every single owner of a scooby I've met is an absolute c**t. An as for this forum, it's honestly one of the most helpful I been on, anytime I have a problem, I've always been given help! Best £12 I've spent in a while. Screw those scooby driving dicks.

Bit far mate don't you think? One of my mates is a Suburu owner and he is a very nice guy.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
meh, i prefer this forum to others... theres far more traffic in here and theres usually always something entertaining about. like the other day i found an old thread on condoms for just the helmet lol!

but... scoobies are mainly chav cars so who cares what they say :rasp:

i jest, i appreciate subarus although i much prefer evos ( i know we arent talking about evos)

275 Trophy
Direct quote from a work collegue who drives an Impreza, and saw my CS sticker, "oh, you're one of those". He gave me a disparaging look and walked off.

True story.

There's always going to be people that think other forums are crap.

Doris once went on MicraSport.net and they didn't like her neons or whatever. So she'll slate it forever.

There's hundreds of forums for hundreds of clubs. That's just the way it goes. People always defend the one they use.

182 ff cup packs
Lol at the Scooby haters. And the people who eat imprezas I'm guessing either two things. 1. You are a better driver, fair play. 2. You have big power as a good impreza, like an sti would quite easily be quicker.
most of the scooby drivers around here think that owning one is enough to make them faster than the little french car behind it, cant say what models they are, but the average scooby driver thinks the car will beat anything an neglects how well the clio corners an they go ok aswell....its at that point they realise they still need to be able to drive.....obviously there are boys who can drive 4wd....then those boys will be faster....just pointing out stereo typical scooby owners....again "not all of them tho"