ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Horrible woman of a seller ph1 clio

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 172 ph1
Hi just to warn you spotted this yesterday on autotrader it looked great on the pics and describe as been near mint and with only 100k on the clock so I thought I'll go and get it so I phoned her and she said it's gorgeous and immaculate,and the timing belt has just been done

so I went there travelled 2 hours for it,got to the house and first impressions it looked nice,got up close and the back arches were all rusty and no door handle,at first she refused me a test drive after literally a 3 min test drive I glanced down at the millage and it was 125,000k

so I wasn't happy at all I wouldn't of gone there for that,she said she made a mistake and laughed,then I told her the timing belt was well over due she then replied it's only a £120 job and was adamant about it just couldn't speak to the horrible c#w also a big hole in the drivers seat so I left in a right mood

looked today and she's lowered it to £850 and also changed the millage to 110,000 so she's still lying,but the cambelt and dephaser need doing also it's not tidy close up
don't make the same mistake as me

Just found this RENAULT CLIO via Auto Trader http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201409167444566?atmobcid=soc4

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
45   0   0
  Too Many
If thats the case they must be old old pictures as i can't see any rust on the arches

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 172 ph1
Quick update advert now lowered to £700 and in big letters cambelt changed,please beware,she said the cambelt was only £150 job max ha ha

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 172 PH2
Its not the fact its cheap, its the fact its misleading and wrong! Travelling two hours for something thats way out if its description and then shrugging it off... Imagine if you were treated the same way by a car salesman! you'd be pissed!

Ive reported it too!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Reported too.

Can't stand people that lie blantantly like that then get arsey when they're told the truth.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Trader Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Travelling two hours for something thats way out if its description and then shrugging it off... Imagine if you were treated the same way by a car salesman! you'd be pissed!

At the end of the day, its a 172 for a grand, you should expect it to be a heap.

Cambelt wouldnt bother me tbh, its cheaper to put a new engine in than get the belts done lol.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The price and the condition isn't really the important concern. Its the fact it had done 25k more than originally advertised, and even with a correction and a price drop, shes still lying by 15k.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Transit & Death trap
I hate that too, it's the misleading element that's frustrating, rather than the actual value of the car.
I had a very similar experience, fortunately it was the seller who'd travelled 2hrs with the car on a trailer.
After a brief test drive, I told him I'd pay him £50 to load the car back on the trailer and take it away. Flol

Regardless of the price, a description should be as accurate as possible really and there are some cheap, but straight and tidy cars out there.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just can't fathom why anyone would spend 2 hours travelling to buy a £700 car. There must be some locally?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 172 ph1
It's worth £700 now I was the one who viewed it and it started off a 1k now suddenly dropped to £700 and she reckons she has now put a cambelt on it and she's still lying about the millage cos its on 125,000,it's just the fact she lied about everything,it's worth £700 tho

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 172 ph1
Ha ha ha makes you laugh I just called again and cracked on I was interested in the car and she's still lying she said the millage is on 118,000 where she's put on the add 110k and it's actually 125k and she said the canbelt was changed on 95k miles she said that when I viewed the car but she updated the add since then saying cambelt just been changed ha ha ha

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
I just can't fathom why anyone would spend 2 hours travelling to buy a £700 car. There must be some locally?

I've travelled more than that to buy a set of carpet mats. 2 hours is nothing you big girl.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my defence I didn't realise it was a 172 (didn't bother to check the link) I just thought it was a base model Clio, or which there are tons around.

But even for a grand, that 172 was either going to be a nice deal, or a nail. Sadly it's the latter.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Swift Sport
From my experience, if someone's prepared to lie about mileage, service history and condition then they'll be prepared to lie about absolutely anything.

I'd never buy a car from an obvious liar, no matter how cheap it was.