ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

horrible noise from engine bay

Clio 1.4 16v
hello, i have a 1.4 16v and just had cam belt done since it has been done ive got this noise coming from that kind of area sounds like some one is scratchin metal kind of or something catchin any help would be great thanks,

loz

sophiesdad

ClioSport Club Member
  anything i get
was the noise there before the timing belt was done ?
could be the alternator , common on these , try running it without the auxillary belt on and see if the noise goes.
you may be able to see the alternator pulley cutting into the casing.

Clio 1.4 16v
could it be the dephaser pully.... the noise doesnt start till the engine is warm and can only notice it on idle

i did service the car just before i had the timing belt done and used 5w 30 oil

any more help pleaseeeeeeee

thanks loz,

sophiesdad

ClioSport Club Member
  anything i get
does not have a dephaser , pos water pump , but you need to remove the aux belt when the noise is there to see if it goes or not, then check all items for movement play etc , press clutch see if noise changes , etc get it narrowed down to the area , , and was noise there before belt changed ?

Clio 1.4 16v
no the noise wasnt there before they changed it i had the water pump changed when the belt was done OMG quite annoyin that these noises happen all the time suppose thats cars for ya thanks for your help if you have any more info that would be great

172DD Cup
take it back to them. i second the comment above, take the aux belt off as this will whittle it down alot. only thing i can think of is a loose bolt on the water pump has come out a bit and it catching as the pump goes round, and this could go bad very quickly. really need to get it back to them so they can take the cambelt cover off and see whats going on.