ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home Security ... Help!

Inferno 182 CUP
I appreciate I could live in fort knox if budget allowed but it doesn't!

After several 'incidents' I want to beef up a bit at home. Im going to install a dummy box for one, I know its not a dummy but I don't have £££ for a proper alarm and a dummy box with a flashing light may be better than nothing at all.

Im also thinking of CCTV. I don't want petrol station grainy crap I want something I can actually see .. What do I need? El cheapo as possible without being el shito.

Ta

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Details of 'incidents'?

There's a couple of chaps on here who work for security firms, if you look in 'RSsprint' recent thread along the lines of 'stop me doing something stupid' you see them mention of.

Inferno 182 CUP
Incidents are nothing huge, but enough to make me think.

Neighbours caught a guy in my back garden with his dog peering through patio doors, same guy returns with another guy later that day and then another day with a van.

Came home to find a window wide open, I mean WIDE, nothing missing, but I didn't leave it like that, maybe I didn't latch it and wind caught it, but then going upstairs to see the loft hatch fully open at midnight and having to get up in it on my own in the dark made my heart skip a beat or 2!

Coming down in the morning to find mirrors pushed in on cars on the driveway .. I just want to warn the lowlife that I'm watching and they have picked the wrong house!

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Incidents are nothing huge, but enough to make me think.

Neighbours caught a guy in my back garden with his dog peering through patio doors, same guy returns with another guy later that day and then another day with a van.

Came home to find a window wide open, I mean WIDE, nothing missing, but I didn't leave it like that, maybe I didn't latch it and wind caught it, but then going upstairs to see the loft hatch fully open at midnight and having to get up in it on my own in the dark made my heart skip a beat or 2!

Coming down in the morning to find mirrors pushed in on cars on the driveway .. I just want to warn the lowlife that I'm watching and they have picked the wrong house!
Could get some dummy camera's too. They're cheap. May do the job of making them think twice. (what you described would also proper weird me out - sack that!)

Inferno 182 CUP
Looking at an open loft hatch I certainly had the thought of oh f**k when I peered my head up and subsequently climbed up with my phone for lighting [emoji85] I imagined a fight ensuing falling through plasterboard lol s**t bricks

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
http://www.cliosport.net/threads/stop-me-doing-something-stupid.765119/page-6#post-10599576

That's a post from the thread mentioned above which seems to have good quality pictures on the CCTV.

Could always try this.. ;)
d732ad16f619a07502d18f7cf5d69d0a.500x240x9.gif

Also I'd check the mechanisms on your windows etc to make sure they are secure. What sort of doors do you have etc? Some cheap french doors can be very easy to break in to etc.

Golf Gti edition 30
Heres a decoy and leds to fit into it on ebay i would recommend...

Decoy bell - 190372451256
Flashing leds - 190966586093

Or go to a local alarm company and ask if they would sell one of there decoys so it will have a printed logo on it for better deterant.

For cctv look for a qvis package.

Also have done a cctv kit from maplin before and it was actually quite good footage.The qvis stuff is the main stuff i fit and its easy for use and the playback is smooth.

SQ5
Alarms are s**t unless your at home to be honest, and even then your not going to confront a load of blokes robbing your house.

If you do get an alarm make sure you get one of the blaster things, no one is hanging around with that going off.

Your better off spending £400 on some cameras.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
I would shut the hatch and ring two of my hardest mates!!
FLOL! Whilst getting your misses to stand guard??
I need some cameras, can you point one of them at the road so you can all the cars coming down into my road??
Any good ones with good night vision stuff?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Alarms are s**t unless your at home to be honest, and even then your not going to confront a load of blokes robbing your house.

If you do get an alarm make sure you get one of the blaster things, no one is hanging around with that going off.

Yes mate the Master Blasters are great. We have two of them in our factory that are connected to the fire alarm system.

Even when both printing presses are running the blasters can be heard, no problem.
299.jpg

SQ5
Yes mate the Master Blasters are great. We have two of them in our factory that are connected to the fire alarm system.

Even when both printing presses are running the blasters can be heard, no problem.
299.jpg

They're phenomenal, we had a customer who had a break in whilst on holiday and had £30k worth of plant knicked from home, so we set up a temporary alarm with one, and I didn't like hearing them.

We had another customer who installed TWO inside his garage as well as one on every corner of his house, so if anyone broke into his garage he wanted their ears to bleed! LOL!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I was going to say that mate, if the noise doesn't scare the crap out of you it will make you deaf. lol

Inferno 182 CUP

I do it for a living so damn right I'll do it to some c**t in my own house!

An alarm is an alarm, if it sounds most people would scarper through fear of someone investigating the noise, they do ones in BQ that ring your mobile when it sounds

Clio 182
Those master blaster a are evil.
We have one up a tower to signal when we want people to stop shooting. You can hear them from so far away even with hearing protection on.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
My alarm takes 20 seconds to go off.
The f*****s could be in my bedroom before it even went off.
Think I will change that. What do people normally have it set at??

172 Cup
My alarm takes 20 seconds to go off.
The f*****s could be in my bedroom before it even went off.
Think I will change that. What do people normally have it set at??

Audible only alarm you want 0sec bell delay ie it goes off instantly and scares them off

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Have no idea how to do that and what about when I come home from work etc?? Surely the alarm will just go straight off??

172 Cup
Oh sorry i misunderstood, you mean you have 20seconds to unset the alarm when you enter the building? Do you know what alarm it is?

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Its a Pyronix (enforcer i think)
Yeh I don't really understand it, I want the alarm to go off straight away if some c**t managed to get in but don't want it to go off straight away when we come home.
I would prefer 10 seconds if need be but it doesn't do anything when I select the engineer bit.

172 Cup
If an intruder entered the premises the same way as you usually would ie the front door then they would have so many seconds to key in the code to unset the alarm. If they broke in any other way then the alarm would be activated instantly. You will need the engineer code, if you dont know it you will have to reset it to default.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Its a Pyronix (enforcer i think)
Yeh I don't really understand it, I want the alarm to go off straight away if some c**t managed to get in but don't want it to go off straight away when we come home.
I would prefer 10 seconds if need be but it doesn't do anything when I select the engineer bit.

That cant be done im afraid mate. If they enter via the door you use to unset the alarm then they have the same amount of time as you would before it went off if you didn't unset it. If they go into another part of the premises without un-setting it then it will go off the second that other sensor picks them up.

As for the Yale B&Q jobbies i wouldn't wast the time thinking about them. There are far far better systems out there that are wireless, there not the same price mind but they are as i say much better.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Ok thanks.
So if they enter in through my front door, go through the porch and into the living room (sensor in there) will that trigger it off as the sensor on my front door was the sensor that set it as such?

172 Cup
If they trigger a sensor that is not on the entry/exit route (From entering the building to the keypad) then the alarm will activate.

SQ5
Ok thanks.
So if they enter in through my front door, go through the porch and into the living room (sensor in there) will that trigger it off as the sensor on my front door was the sensor that set it as such?

You can get a wireless remote for some so you can activate it before you enter the house meaning you can have a 0 second delay.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
We've got 2 remotes but they stopped working after 2 weeks :(
Cameras are my big thing at the moment. 2 on the front and one at the back.

SQ5
You may as well get a fourth as the DVR will be four channel.

People always forget that and outside one is usually going to see f**k all as its wide angle. Get a fourth one pointing at one of your doors from inside, good for getting a close up.