ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home alarm /security

diesel
There's been a few burglars in the area lately so I've decided it's time to get an alarm sorted out.

I've got a small budget and I've found a Yale 6400 for £80

I know wired is better but it's not possible in my home

Anything better for similar money ?

Also any recommendations for budget cctv?

Cayman S Edition 1
My only advice is either invest in a decent one or don't bother. Contact some local alarm companies and get quotes for wireless systems.

Ours is mains powered, tamper proof and has battery backup with wireless pet friendly sensors. We can also have it on at night so only the downstairs sensors are active.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
There's been a few burglars in the area lately so I've decided it's time to get an alarm sorted out.

I've got a small budget and I've found a Yale 6400 for £80

I know wired is better but it's not possible in my home

Anything better for similar money ?

Also any recommendations for budget cctv?

Invest in decent locks on all doors and windows.

Simple things like a timer switch on a lamp (especially at this time of year) and a radio left on talk radio station are a good deterrent.

I've got a spare timer switch sitting here if you want it? PM me your address and I'll sent it to you.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
That's what ive got @Jay_A ive also had a quote for about £700 for HD camera install with 3 cameras around the house and a large recorder on motion sensors. I might get it done next year if I have some spair cash.
These are outside cameras btw.

£700! I know some people on here don't like the Swann range that Maplin sell but they're pretty decent kit for a home user for around £260ish. That's with 4 720p cameras and a 1tb DVR. Hardest part is getting a hole through the wall for the cable!

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
£700! I know some people on here don't like the Swann range that Maplin sell but they're pretty decent kit for a home user for around £260ish. That's with 4 720p cameras and a 1tb DVR. Hardest part is getting a hole through the wall for the cable!
This, I went one step further and got the even cheaper sannce set off amazon. Think it was about £160 and has a mobile app and 4 cameras. Me and a mate fit it in a morning. Will send email notifications for things like movement detected, signal lost etc.

Granted it's not 4K clarity but better than nothing and for the money can't fault it.