ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hit by a lorry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
  55 Clio 182, C2 VTS
Whiplash etc aside. I'd buy the car back and repair / drive. Damage doesnt look too severe (to a non-expert) Stick what +monies your receive after buy back into a "next car" fund.

If you were injured claim, if you werent dont. But bear this incident in mind if/when any medical problems occur down the line.

TBH I dont really have a problem with people claiming if they were injured or not, I've seen both sides of it. Some people almost paralysed and in therapy 2-3 years after an accident paid next to nothing (imo) and those who "bruised a finger" who got £2k+.

Its a shame and sadly, a fact of life.

TBH I dont really have a problem with people claiming if they were injured or not
So a group of blokes step on the brakes in front of you, you hit them at 2 mph and they all claim for whiplash. You premium goes through the roof and you just put it down to a fact of life?

f**king crazy people in this country.

55 Clio 182, C2 VTS
I didnt say go ahead and make a claim, just that I dont have a problem with it, doesnt mean to say that in that situation I wouldnt disagree / fight however I could, to disprove their claim.

Boot on the other foot, how many companies make money from constantly hounding "victims" to make a claim? A'la "bruised finger". Its the profiteering and whats evolved from it that is at fault.

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
So a group of blokes step on the brakes in front of you, you hit them at 2 mph and they all claim for whiplash. You premium goes through the roof and you just put it down to a fact of life?

f**king crazy people in this country.

His premium would go up the same whether they claimed for damages or not, surely?
Not back on any band wagon, just talkin!
It's up to whoevers involved whether they want to claim or not for injury, if I'm totally honest I'm not sure whether it's a moral or social dilemma nowadays, i think though that most people would say the same thing, put a claim in regardless, whether it's right or wrong.

dk

911 GTS Cab
From Norfolk he said, thank god, foreign truck would've just drove off knowing my luck haha!
...btw I dont know if anyone else has had the same experience...but do people that witness a incident like this not pull over to give a helping hand anymore? wether its to say they'll be a witness for police if they get called or whatever? .... bare in mind this was in choca-block traffic and a lorry had just smashed into my car (both stopped and got out briefly to discuss a safe place to pull in) ... everyone just drove around us..no-one pulled in or anything :S
pm markcup, see if he got it on his dash cam when he drove past?

1.216V Hologram Grey
Whiplash etc aside. I'd buy the car back and repair / drive. Damage doesnt look too severe (to a non-expert) Stick what +monies your receive after buy back into a "next car" fund.

tbh i might do this, otherwise I'll be out of pocket for something that wasn't my fault at all, I pay more than double in insurance than what the insurance company are going to give me for writting off the car...its crazy...how much are we looking at to buy back the car? :) thanks for everyones help

I'm gonna take a guess and say you're insured with someone like Admiral or Elephant, in that case they wont let you buy your car back, something to do with their T & C's.

Fiesta ST
You'll not be able to buy the car back mate. I was in the same position when my 172 was written off the other month. I was with Elephant which I think is the sister company of Admiral and as soon as it was written off it was taken away never to be seen again.
Buying the car back isnt their policy. Was offered peanuts too but got it back up after a few days complaining. Was paid within 10 days tho :)

Inferno 225 cup
I got hit yesterday, cars going into body shop Monday, but taken to a mate today and said they will probably write it up as the boot lining creased, do I need to ring my insurance up? Because e said the company my cars going to will get in touch with someone to come and inspect the car then they ring the other girl that hit me insurance providers.

What to do??

Clio 1.2 8v 51 plate
I got hit and still suffer from neck pain now i got 1900quid within 2 months they pretty much force you to sue!

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
ahhh crap :( have you just basically said 'jog on' ? cause they keep insisting its a 'free' hire car :S obviously not if they cant recover the costs... have you done anything about them? gone to court or anything?

We've phoned up the solicitor that was dealing with the case and said we won't be paying it, the guy who hit me went into the back of me while I was in traffic there isnt a chance I'm paying for anything when I was completely innocent of doing any wrongs.

The last letter I got was about 3 or 4 months ago now and havent heard anything since so hopefully they have sorted it.

1.216V Hologram Grey
ahhhh crap..yeah im with Admiral..so im not gunna get the option to buy back :( that sucks...someone is comming around on tuesday to asses the car damage and determine if its a repair or write off... (I have another question)..the money that they give me for writing off the car will be based on a 'stock' version of exactly the same car....does this mean that before they take it away I have the option of removing my 182 alloys etc.. and put standard or steelies on instead? since they're giving me the money they would pay for a standard one? or is that just wishfull thinking lmao?!

and yeah 'theycallmepaul' exactly the same situation here, completely not my fault, i wont be paying for the hire car for sure... i might be lucky because it was quite a large lorry firm that hit me, hopefully they wont dispute the costs too much...? :L

1.216V Hologram Grey
my policy will only give me a payout of the price of a standard 1.2 16v clio dynamique with 60k miles on the clock any modifications would be dne at my own expense..i wont get the money for upgraded alloys..spax suspension etc... im just wondering if that then means i can rip the parts off that they wont cover anyway..and present them with a standard 1.2 16v when they come to put it on the back of a truck? :S im 18 and this is the first time ive ever had to get involved in insurance haha sorry im asking so many questions, its all so confusing :L

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
Yh you can rip whatever you want off, they will want wheels of some sort but don't give them 182 wheels!

350z, Subaru Legacy
I bought my wreck back from Admiral last year, so don't know why people are saying that you can't. It knocked a couple of hundred off of my payout but was well worth it overall.

Also I am receiving treatment for a back injury (and recovering nicely by the looks of it) which was not apparent at the time of the accident. I would have been a fool to have turned down the compensation as it is currently paying for me to have physio/MRI scan etc. So just because someone isn't writhing in pain moments after the accident doesn't mean they haven't suffered an injury.

Having said this I was hit by someone doing about 50mph. Either way, just sayin'.

Mini Cooper S sport
I'm going to stick in a whiplash claim. Haven't even had a crash but I might do.

@the OP hope it all gets sorted out OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.