ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hit a Fox

Clio 182 Black
Hi all, Hit a fox at speed a few nights back which has completely destroyed my front offside bumper and fog light on my clio 182. Any suggestions on getting it sorted rather than going through insurance resulting in a fault claim?

I'm in Surrey if anyone knows of any reliable garages.

Cheers

Trophy #392
I did the the other day on the a46 in the mrs focus, smash the bumper in half, the grill, fog light, bent the radiator support and the radiator itself. I felt sorry for the fox until I saw the damage it made.

182 with cup packs
I did the same in November last year such an annoying thing. Bumper was the most expensive part. I found a lot of parts on eBay and a seller that does body parts. Al try find the name

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I did the the other day on the a46 in the mrs focus, smash the bumper in half, the grill, fog light, bent the radiator support and the radiator itself. I felt sorry for the fox until I saw the damage it made.

I drive down that road almost every day, I saw a dead fox next to a barrier the other day,
only one on the road from Stratford to Cov and I did think 'that wasn't there yesterday'
I wouldn't be surprised if it was the one you hit, it was pretty big aswell, like a medium sized dog.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
I drive down that road almost every day, I saw a dead fox next to a barrier the other day,
only one on the road from Stratford to Cov and I did think 'that wasn't there yesterday'
I wouldn't be surprised if it was the one you hit, it was pretty big aswell, like a medium sized dog.

lol, you dont get to see foxes often then?

badgers are worse, they are lower and can take a sump and radiator out :dead:

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Haha no, not with a large German Sheperd, nothing goes in my garden without him knowing about it,
i've been quite lucky so far, nothing more than a cat has stepped out in front of my car
and i've managed to miss them all so far.

I've seen a few lads at meets with badger sized holes in their front bumpers, solid little buggers cause a right mess.

Trophy #392

That's where it was, right by the barrier in the left hand lane, the damage is quite bad a was very loud, I did actually catch a glimpse of the fox and it was the size of a medium dog.

Even found a bit a fox hair on the rad lol