ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hit a cat last night.......

Megane 225
Well for now the third time i find myself with a mangled front spoiler and destroyed undertray:dapprove:

7f7a7b40.gif

68693698.gif

only this time the undertray took the wheel arches with it so now am in need of a front sx spoiler, two front part wheel arch liners and an undertray. anyone know of any place i could get cheap-ish parts as renault are wanting £250 plus for all this stuff!

cheers

Megane 225
three times mate. joys of living in country. two rabbits and a cat now. and been resprayed a couple more times cause keeps gettin stone chips

Megane 225
cat is remarkably dead. was asked by girlfriend did it have a collar on, answer being no idea, never found some of it and the other part of it was lodged in my engine. need to go back and find the bit of spoiler that fell off so can try and fix it.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
i've hit numerous rabbits, foxes, badgers and pheasants - parents live in the middle of nowhere. never broke anything tho. (even used to have a french car!)

ridden over a pigeon and a rabbit on my push bike lol both still alive after as well

Megane 225
i choose to have a flimsy as hell front spoiler that everytime a rodent or similar decided to commit suicide breaks and causes me a massive ball ache and a massive bill! been a couple of years since last incident so not doing that badly

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
i choose to have a flimsy as hell front spoiler that everytime a rodent or similar decided to commit suicide breaks and causes me a massive ball ache and a massive bill! been a couple of years since last incident so not doing that badly

haha

the french car i had was a 205, so tons of front road clearance :race:

Have you reported it to the RSPCA? You should really, incase someone calls up in the next couple of days because there cat hasn't returned home. How did you hit the cat?

Titanium 182
RIP kitty :(

Definitely contact the RSPCA or take it to your local vets to get scanned, they might have chipped it but have no collar (my cat's not had a collar since she was a kitten, as she used to get caught in the tree and hang herself. We once got a call from my neighbours to say they'd found her in a tree when we were on holiday in Greece. Nice little story for you there).

Anyway back to the point, get the main body of the cat down to the vets, only fair really!

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
I like how you are more concerned about your shitbox french hatchback than about killing some poor persons pet.

Megane 225
Have you reported it to the RSPCA? You should really, incase someone calls up in the next couple of days because there cat hasn't returned home. How did you hit the cat?

I havent, was gonna go an knock on doors but the streach of road there aint any houses nearby. Well honestly i thought i had hit a hare cause one ran in front of me, hit the brakes then heard the all too familiar crunch of breaking plastic the scraping along the road. Pulled over and there were bits of black and white fur on my car. Thing must have been chasing the hare or somethin

RIP kitty :(

Definitely contact the RSPCA or take it to your local vets to get scanned, they might have chipped it but have no collar (my cat's not had a collar since she was a kitten, as she used to get caught in the tree and hang herself. We once got a call from my neighbours to say they'd found her in a tree when we were on holiday in Greece. Nice little story for you there).

haha nice! its no really in any shape to be taken to a vet, in bits really:-/ didnt find most of it. No very nice that your cat decided to hang itself, my cats a total dick at times! doesnt really venture out much, just snoozes on my bed all day.

Anyway back to the point, get the main body of the cat down to the vets, only fair really!

Poor cat.

I understand you being pissed off about your car, but out there somewhere is someone in a state because their cat has disappeared.
You need to make some effort to publicise what has happened to it.

Megane 225
Poor cat.

I understand you being pissed off about your car, but out there somewhere is someone in a state because their cat has disappeared.
You need to make some effort to publisize what has happened to it.

i am pissed but first thought when i saw it was a cat wasnt the car, it was "aw s**t, ken how i would feel if it was mine" no houses nearby that it could be so must have travelled either out from the town or in from a housing estate about half a mile away. going back later so will knock on a few closest doors and try and see

BMW 535d
Without being too controversial, I myself am a dog lover. We don't let our dogs run around in the road, so to be fair, why is this poor lad getting a bollocking because someones cat got run over.

Not exactly his fault the cat ran in front of his car

And even more to the point, I wouldnt be picking up guts and bits of fur off the road, would make me ill

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
then give them the bill for a new splitter and tell them to keep their pets under control?

;)

obviously i'm joking, but as wag1 said, not much you can do and cats always go missing

Megane 225
then give them the bill for a new splitter and tell them to keep their pets under control?

;)

haha possibly:D anyways!! although its nice to mourn the passing of an animal the real reason behind starting this thread was to ask if anyone knew where i could get parts without paying a fortune for them?

Megane 225
Be careful, you could end up bumping into a psycho who has just found out his/her cat was killed by yourself.

sake mun i canny win! feel shite for killing a little kids best friend but should think twice about going to offer my condolances in case i get anally raped by some weirdo for killing his pet!

BMW 535d
sake mun i canny win! feel s**te for killing a little kids best friend but should think twice about going to offer my condolances in case i get anally raped by some weirdo for killing his pet!

How do you know it was a HE. Now you are being sexist. Jesus boy what is wrong with you. A cat murdering sexist

Megane 225
How do you know it was a HE. Now you are being sexist. Jesus boy what is wrong with you. A cat murdering sexist

very rude of me to assure i would be raped by a guy when woman are equally capable of such things also:) no much going for me the day eh?

Megane 225
never even noticed that rockers! and silent scone thats a bit harsh, thing ran in front of me like, hardly chased it down in an attempt to kill it

mondeo titanium tdci
i am pissed but first thought when i saw it was a cat wasnt the car, it was "aw s**t, ken how i would feel if it was mine" no houses nearby that it could be so must have travelled either out from the town or in from a housing estate about half a mile away. going back later so will knock on a few closest doors and try and see

It's the right thing to do is ask about and maybe pop down the local vets I would want to know If my cat never came home and was on the side of the road brown bread

Megane 225
It's the right thing to do is ask about and maybe pop down the local vets I would want to know If my cat never came home and was on the side of the road brown bread

go an see later on what can do likes, no as if i can drive very far though, no wheel arch liner or undertray! you know you have done something seriously wrong when not even hallmark has a card for what you did:-/

I'm just yanking your chain :)

I'd be horrified :(

i was/am horrified, wasnt a nice sight and would be made less nice if it does turn out to be someones cat

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
you're under tray has a cat print on the right hand side bottom:(
68693698.gif

That actually made me lol... it's plain as day too!

I saw a cat flattened in Zante last year - turned my stomach as it wasn't over quickly... and it's kitten took 5 seconds to start screaming for it's mummy.

If you were doing nowt wrong, just satisfy your conscience you have tried to find the owner and get on with your life. These things happen - sadly.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Without being too controversial, I myself am a dog lover. We don't let our dogs run around in the road, so to be fair, why is this poor lad getting a bollocking because someones cat got run over.

Not exactly his fault the cat ran in front of his car

And even more to the point, I wouldnt be picking up guts and bits of fur off the road, would make me ill

+1, I hate the way some cat owners think they can just let there cats roam all over the place. You wouldnt do this with any other type of animal! Im not saying it right to not be humane, if you did hit the cat then check its either dead or call the rspca to help it asap, but dont feel guilty for hitting it - the fault is with the owner for allowing it to roam!!

PS. I know im going to get slated for this post but I really dont like those certain type of cat owners that expect you to treat their cats like gods!

Golf GTD Mk7

I see what your saying, but he could get into all sort of s**t if the owners are dodgy. Tbh if you have a cat and let them out you should always know this is a possibility.