ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hill climb and sprint camber and toe

Clio 172
Putting my clio to get the geometry set up before my first race in a few weeks time.

Car is lowered, camber bolts and running 15's alloys.

What should I be getting my camber and toe set too for a good set up?

Any advice would be great

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Depends on tyres, dampers, springs, tyre pressure and 50 odd other things

but for reference with cup dampers, cooksports and a rear anti roll bar and good road tyres
Front
-2.5 camber
15 minutes toe out
castor isn't adjustable without fancy top mounts, but as much as possible, 4 degrees ish normally

Rear
-2 camber
10 minutes toe in

this will give a fairly neutral handling car that can be controlled on the throttle

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Same as bash said but I ran 10min toe out on the rear which makes it tail happy so try the above and see how you go.

Where will you be racing ?

Clio 172
Same as bash said but I ran 10min toe out on the rear which makes it tail happy so try the above and see how you go.

Where will you be racing ?

Thanks guys for the advice, new to all this so will see how the car feels after it, getting it done tomorrow on a hunter.

I will be racing in the Scottish sprint and hill climb series in a2 class. First race is two weekends time in fintray near Aberdeen

172 LB Clio
Depends on tyres, dampers, springs, tyre pressure and 50 odd other things

but for reference with cup dampers, cooksports and a rear anti roll bar and good road tyres
Front
-2.5 camber
15 minutes toe out
castor isn't adjustable without fancy top mounts, but as much as possible, 4 degrees ish normally

Rear
-2 camber
10 minutes toe in

this will give a fairly neutral handling car that can be controlled on the throttle
@bashracing what topmounts are you using for -2.5 on the front? or is that a combination of strut camber bolt and top mount?
And how do you control toe on the rear? just by shimming?

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Just camber bolts matey, I managed to get it as high as -3 degrees,
beyond that I had AST top mounts but didn't use them in anger due to it being a grey area in the regs