ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HID Kit Help

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Don't fit a HID kit to the standard reflector lights - it blinds everyone.

By the time you've got the projector headlights, you may as well put the Renault bulbs, ballasts and igniters in (all plug and play).

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Just upgrade your bulbs, nothing worse than being blinded by people who have s**t HID kits fitted to their mum corsa.

i need new ones thats the only problem, both of them have gone really hazy, ive tried mopping the headlights and no joy, so i was just looking for a better set of them, shall i just buy new standard headlights and replace the bulbs like you said?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Ahh okay i'll stay away from HID kits thank you :).

Would the xenons be okay from the 172/182? If so what would i need to buy and where from?

Yes. You need the actual headlamp clusters, then the bulbs, ballasts and igniters, all of which occasionally come up for sale on here - look for people breaking cars.

Or you can just keep reflector clusters, and use OSRAM Nightbreaker bulbs, which are just as good but still halogen.

K4M ph2
When the lights go yellowy and hazy and it looks like loads of small little cracks over them just refurb them using 1200 wet and dry paper and some meguiars scratch x, done 2 sets now and they've come up like new!

Yes. You need the actual headlamp clusters, then the bulbs, ballasts and igniters, all of which occasionally come up for sale on here - look for people breaking cars.

Or you can just keep reflector clusters, and use OSRAM Nightbreaker bulbs, which are just as good but still halogen.

ahh i'll keep the reflector clusters, where could i find these OSRAM Nightbreaker bulbs from? i just want a whiter light instead of the yellowy one you get from standard for my headlights and fogs if possible.

02 Silver DCiExtreme
Foglights are H1 bulbs, headlights are H7s :) Although bear in mind that if your getting the HID kit, you will need a headlights washer system as well as the headlights levellers in order to pass MOT

Clio 182
Foglights are H1 bulbs, headlights are H7s :) Although bear in mind that if your getting the HID kit, you will need a headlights washer system as well as the headlights levellers in order to pass MOT

HID Kit in reflective lenses would fail regardless - require projector lenses (like 1*2 lamps) and leveling for MOT, washers not a requirement unless fitted to the vehicle

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
HID Kit in reflective lenses would fail regardless - require projector lenses (like 1*2 lamps) and leveling for MOT, washers not a requirement unless fitted to the vehicle

Not true. Projectors required but neither self levelling or washers are required. However, if they are fitted they must work, and a copper can write a ticket for them not being fitted (rare for this to happen though).