ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HI, bought this 172 today ... special edition ???

hi , this is the second 172 i have owned both purchased damaged and repairable , first 1 was a 172 cup and sold far too quickly for me too even enjoy driving so have bought this today to do and keep ..! was wandering what model it is as it has a chequered flag airbrushed ono the front and back ... have been told it is a special edition but cant find it on the web and would appreciate any help with info etc ..... thanks in advance Rick..

392273.jpg

Last edited:
  Hyundai i40
ive seen that around for sale on pistonheads

its just a one off airspray job previous owner put on

that damage looks pretty bad at the front

Titanium 182
Cheeky edit !

ooh thats wierd i havent ever seen that before :S

It doesn't actually look tooooo bad i suppose... no idea about the edition if there is one though mate, maybe its a garages own edition or something sorry :)

not too sure myself ..... going to go to renault tomorrow and see if they can shine any light ... damage isnt bad just wing , bumper , door and xenon headlight .... if anyone got any parts for sale would be intrested !!!!... i havent seen this kind of paint job on clios but is looks same as the megane and definatley been done professionally and looks like factory .. it has all shading around adges of flag to look like creases .... looks really smart in real life .. the pics dont really do it justice .... not usually into this kind of styling ...

Titanium 182
One thing. You said "hi , this is the second 172 i have owned"

It has twin exit exhausts, Isn't it a 182 ?

although it does have 172 wheels.

Confusion!

not sure mate .... what is the 182 exhaust like ??? had a look under this one today and just has a pipe coming off a back box with 2 tail pipes ... does the 182 have a back box sideways across back bumper ??? ..
before going to look at it i thought it was a 182 because of the exhausts but is a 172 ... obviously due to year ..

Don't really like the paint job, but it looks really well done. 182 exhaust, 172 alloys sprayed a dark gunmetal(?), 172 spoiler - and where in the country has a plate beginning 'FL'...?

Titanium 182
So its got a k-tec 182 lookalike exhaust thing by the sounds of it ? 182 have two seperate backboxes IIRC, both of which are positioned straight.

hi , this is the second 172 i have owned both purchased damaged and repairable , first 1 was a 172 cup and sold far too quickly for me too even enjoy driving so have bought this today to do and keep ..! was wandering what model it is as it has a chequered flag airbrushed ono the front and back ... have been told it is a special edition but cant find it on the web and would appreciate any help with info etc ..... thanks in advance Rick..

392273.jpg
Ha ha ha, you been had mate. "special edition"!!!!!

Yeh that's a special edition one.

They're pushing out something like 300bhp.

The chequered flag pattern was considered to be a weight saving idea as the yellow's lighter than the blue and there's less blue on there than there is a normal one.

Another weight saving idea was the removal of the Renault badge above the Sport one on the left hand side.

Oh and... not many were made as the peasants ran out of Ebay resistors.

:)

ok mate ... no need to be funny with me come on asking for a bit of help and advice ... dont usually deal in stuff like this and not 100% sure what im looking at ..

clio f7r with bodies
dude dont listen to these turds, enjoy your car and get it back to its former glory, defo aint a specialy edition though, only a 172 ff and a cup to choose from in the mk2 172 range,

392273.jpg

in a nutshell, its not a special edition, just a custom paint job. . .

ha ha ... cheers mate .... as i say was chep enough anyway and enjoyed the cup version so hopefully this one will be just as good ..:cool:

if it isnt a special edition at least the front end gonna be easy to paint now rather than the airbrushing ... ha ha

Yeh that's a special edition one.

They're pushing out something like 300bhp.

The chequered flag pattern was considered to be a weight saving idea as the yellow's lighter than the blue and there's less blue on there than there is a normal one.

Another weight saving idea was the removal of the Renault badge above the Sport one on the left hand side.

Oh and... not many were made as the peasants ran out of Ebay resistors.

:)

Reminds me of when EVO used to have Tailslide at the back - there was a story about the 'Ren Cl Cp' (less letters to stick on the back = lighter), with weight saving including no mirrors indicators, door handles or steering wheel ..

a thirsty one
looks like someoe spent a few quid on it though to go the extra expense of having engine cover done as well.

you may find some other slight mods done over time, maybe brakes etc considering its had a custom paint job and 182 look-a-like exhaust.

it has grooved discs all round and different pads as they are red ? ... will get it up and running and see what its like , also when get details of previous owner will contact him and try and find out the full script ... cheers for the help guys ..

1.8 Civic EX
it's not special edition...it's a 172 with a 182 exhaust and the owner had the checks sprayed on...I've got a pic of hit at FCS07...supprised no-one on her remembers it...shame it's in that state now...was really nice...

EDIT: found the pics..uploading now