ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help - Wont start

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Mark 1 Phase 3 D-type engine.

Happened a few times now one thing i have noticed is that it happens when cold.

What happens is that i blip the key (to open the doors and deactivate the imobiliser).
Put key in ignition, click one, click two, (turn to click, no click just fresh air) car doesnt start.
Car doesnt turn over, nothing, its as if there is a blank turn in the ignition.

Tried pulling out every fuse, replacing each fuse back in (both in the engine box and the internal box).

I have full power to cd, blowers, headlights etc. But the car doesnt start.

What it can be is the starter motor, brand new, and works fine.
Alternator is new and works fine.

Any ideas?

j plate 91 449 valver,
i have a very similar but intermitant problem. mine will start if i just keep trying it. will let you know if i find any info or sort it out.

j plate 91 449 valver,
ok it sounds exactly the same then. what is your engine? i cant remember what type mine is but it is a 1.2 energy 1995.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Right, update, just managed to get it to start.

Messed with the plug for the starter motor. unpluged it, then cleaned it, then put it back on and the car started.

Any solutions?

LY 182
things like that nobody can give you a solution you need to find the problem, ie get it to where its not starting, then see if you loose the trigger to the starter motor

172 cup,s2 rs turbo
fit a new starter solenoid terminal. just use a blue female spade terminal. commen issue on d7/d4