ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help PLEASE!

is dirty.
Hi, my second post in the problems section in two weeks.

I have had a knocking noise coming from the front of the car for a few weeks. It usually happens when I turn right around a corner and bring the wheel back to the standard position. It was quite loud on times but I assumed with my car being fairly old...it was just another creek/knock to add to the collection.

Well I was driving home tonight, went around a corner coming up a hill about 35 and the car started screeching, threw me forward and came to a halt.

I got out, my front right wheel was straight but my left front wheel was nearly sideways.

The recovery man has attended and confirmed the issue is the "wishbone bottom ball joint has sheared out of the wishbone".

The front wheels look dreadful and it took 3 hours to get the car on a recovery track, get it to the garage and then get it off the recovery truck.

How much am I looking at for the above repair providing there is no further damage.

Also is it normal for all oil to leak out?

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can provide.

Rick.

FF 182 Sport
I reckon oil leak willbe due to driveshaft popping out of gearbox need to refill that, make sure u check boots on driveshaft and check clamps etc

is dirty.
Is this normally a huge expensive repair or am I looking at checking the driveshaft etc and replacing the front left wishbone?

Check your drive shaft should be ok.
Refill the box with oil.
Should be able to just replace the ball joint unless the wishbone is damaged.

is dirty.
2a42040d.jpg

81e9299a.jpg

Just some photos!!!

Clio 182
Has the wheel damaged your wing?
Does not look to bad mate. Has not pulled the brake pipe off so just new ball joint and seal for shaft into gearbox and you should be ok.

Oh but if thats how it is now I would jack it up and take the weight off that wheel and brake line.