ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help needed urgent.. fuel leak!!!!!

Audi TT 225 Quattro
ive just come back from hillpower and car feels very very fast but i got 1 major problem. ive justed filled up with £45 of optimax and the f**king stuff is pissing out from somewhere aroud the rear at a pretty quick rate. any 1 got any ideas what it might be. will get some pics in a sec...

if theyve been movin stuff around and workin they could well easily have split a line somewhere. just a case of lookin in the daylight. run the engine tho as it'll need to pressurise to leak.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
DSC01577.jpg

1. fuel is leaking from somewhere up there
2. loads of fuel on exh pipe
3.fuel line going to filter

any idea, take it its not wise to drive it??

Skoda Fabia vRS
could it be at the filter ?

thats a bit of an arse really, as you need to run it to find the leak, but let it get too hot and you risk that petrol going on fire !

id get the car jacked up and get under, maybe with some goggles on lol, and get someone else to start it up for a sec

500bhp Scoob
Surely you should just be able to click the ignition over, to the position just before the starter engage click, and it should start priming the pump.

Thats how I drained the fuel from my car when I needed to.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
the thing is ,its leaking when its not running and has been for about an hour now:(

500bhp Scoob
Cracked fuel tank perhaps? seeing as its still pissing out when the pump isn't running, unless the fuel lines are still pressurised, althou if its quite a bad leak it should've drained from the pump onwards by now.

is it just a drip, or more?

Last edited:
then it should be pretty visable, prob just need to replace a bit of hose, quite simple but u may have to wait till tomorrow unless u have a good worshop place with light

Audi TT 225 Quattro
quite a quick drip id say from the amount on the floor already. from what i can see it looks like its coming from above the two pipes no1 on the pic. but i can't see s**t.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
seems like ive got a hole in the top of the tank. i still can't see anything yet but the leak has stopped and ive still got loads of fuel has'nt seemed to move on the dial:) , oh did i say the car is f**king rapidddddddd now. loving the cammed f7r:evil:

Audi TT 225 Quattro
btw this promblem is'nt down to nick, just a problem with fuel tank. i would recommend nick hill to anybody as the work he has done is second to none. even to the point of last friday when eng was put on rollers and blew an oil seal resulting in the eng losing its oil and developing a tapping sound. was told problem would be sorted at his cost but turned out to b a loose bracket banging around. so thank you very much mr hill, im very very happy with what uv done and i will say again i cant recommend u enough. and yes it got a pasting on the way home:D

Zafira and GSXR
check the pump hasnt come lose.

Mine wasnt fitted tight enough and was leaking from the fuel pump seal and flowing over to under the car.

Might even be one of the 3 pipes going into the pump.

Just lift thew back seat and have a look

jzr

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
i had the same problem on my 16v i had a few years ago i bought it in cardiff which is around 120 miles away from me an drove home in it an every now and again i could smell fuel. The next day i opened the bonnet my old mand turned the key on to build up the fuel pressure an it was squirting on the manifold. The line had split going into the power boost valve. OH boy i was lucky the car did not go up in smoke

Audi TT 225 Quattro
my bad, i thought it was a fuel pump but it turns out its the fuel gauge sender unit, the fuel pump is located to the right of this under the floor so i can just about see it. from what i can see both ringnuts ( pump and sender) look wet. so im now thinking it may be 1 or both of the seals??

Audi TT 225 Quattro
btw it has'nt hardley leaked any today but there is a very strong smell of petrol in the car.

renault clio 1.4 16v
Surely you should just be able to click the ignition over, to the position just before the starter engage click, and it should start priming the pump.

Thats how I drained the fuel from my car when I needed to.
what pipe you remove for draining?
does it make sense to remove bad quality of fuel or just run and consume it ?
thanks