ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help needed asap

Just keeps trying to start. Just not sparking. Surely a coil pack or anything wouldn't just fail whilst driving?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Not cambelt, turns over fine. it was getting dark and battery went flat. when i looked at it. like a TDC sensor, but tried wiggling the wires no difference really needs clip on it to see what going on.

Changes to often
i had this problem before, not on a clio may i ad tho,totaly cut out while driving. wouldent turn over or anything, but later found it to be the fuse for the fuel pump. this was on an audi a3 tho so not sure if its the same

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
Any smell of fuel? If so the pipe feeding fuel to your engine has popped off. Happened to mine and I just connected it up again and all was good :)

Nothing. No signs of anything. Fuel pump primes up as it should etc.. So annoyed! Literally picked up from the body shop shelling out all the funds i have left and now this!!!

E36 328i
Check your earth strap down the back of the gearbox, this happend to me a week after i bought mine, jump lead from earth on batt to the gearbox, see if it starts?

Clio 172 2002
Check the three black relays in the fuse box by the battery, you can get them from rs components for under three quid each. Mine sounded exactly the same and it was one of them being faulty.