ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help me spend 1k

Iceberg 172
Hi all, I have decided to dip into my savings and take 1k out to spend on my 172, basically I need ideas on what to spend it on?
Thanks

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
is there anything wrong with your car? if not then its really personal choice of where you want to 'improve' personally improvments would be good tyres if not already and suspension

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Make it feel like it should.

New ball joints, wishbones etc.

If the car is mechanically perfect, i'd fit some decent seats and a nice steering wheel.

182cup & 172 racecar
I would refresh all the front end, ball joints track rod ends, steering rack bushes and arms, new bushes, suspension etc.

Makes all the difference and you'll enjoy the car loads more.

I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but hey ho.

Iceberg 172
I was thinking about a 182 but don't really want the hassle of selling my 172 then finding a decent 182 lol and na nothing wrong with it just need a new bonnet, just asking for opinions if you had a spare grand what would you spend it on

Listerine & Poledo
Great.

So keep your 1k until you need to renew it all.

Seriously, tinkering will just be a money pit, the previous suggestions by dan/Tony etc. really do make the most sense

Have you done a trackday?

I would at least think of doing one, just so you can drive the car in a way it was meant to be driven...in a safe environment.

PH1 172 (Track Car)
Just do what YOU want to do with it!

Doesn't matter what anyone else really thinks - its your car after all.

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Depends what you want really mate if your belts need doing soon could be worth sticking some cams in and remap it would definitely improve the car.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
All the suggestions so far are all well and good but lets be honest... boring. Coming from a modifying perspective, I've just made an order with K-Tec for 2118's + Toyo's, coilovers and carbon splitter, can't wait!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Whats the current spec and mileage?

I think what Dan and Tony have suggested is a very good idea, these cars are getting on a little bit now and all the original bushes etc are worn.

Listerine & Poledo
All the suggestions so far are all well and good but lets be honest... boring. Coming from a modifying perspective, I've just made an order with K-Tec for 2118's + Toyo's, coilovers and carbon splitter, can't wait!

How very original and exciting

Audi A5
It depends whats already been done to the car but if it was std and in good working order I would say look in the for sale section for stuff that takes your fancy make sure its a good price, buy it and enjoy it and if you get bored sell it on and you shouldn't of lost much.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Very original. Never seen anyone do that before...