ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help I Took my interior light down now electrics are acting weird...

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
Hi!

I took my interior light down just to look at replacing a bulb and I must have shorted something out as now when I open the door the light does not come on. But, when I push the button to turn it on it comes on. Does this mean the actual light is faulty?

And....as a result...

The clock reset and the radio needed a code (which I have luckily). But now every time I turn my ignition off and on again the clock resets and the radio needs a code again!

What have I done and what do you suggest? Thanks in advance!!! :eek:

CLIO Iceberg 172
look at a fuse or take it out and see if you are pinching a wire or got the bulb in wrong

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
Ok I will check but surely the fuse must be OK if I can turn it on by the switch? It's just when you press unlock or open the doors the bulb does not come on :(

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Take it to a garage and never touch it again! If you can't change an interior bulb without damaging something, you really shouldn't be let loose on anything else!

nah just kidding, something must have shorted out, have you checked all the fuses etc? it also sounds like the interior light switch is in the wrong position, try changing it then opening the door again. There will be 3 settings, off, on, and on when you open the door (or something to that effect)

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
Thanks mate :) I checked the fuse and it was fine I tested continuity and it buzzed through fine. I then replaced it with a spare 30 amp fuse (i had no 20's) lying about and it still did not work. I then took the light down and unplugged and then replugged the light loom and it suddenly worked!

Weird....but I'm glad its sorted! Thanks everyone for your help :)