ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help choosing DA combo

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
Hey all,

Im having to sell my 1998 mini cooper, its only done 31k since new but over the last few years its getting used less and less. I have decided to sell up and it needs a good old clean and polish. I know the basic's of car detailing but have never used a machine polisher. I want to get a DA but not sure on the following points:

DAS6 what model?
What pads and what sizes?
What polish combo?

The machine will also be used on my 05 focus so i want a polish/pad combo which will be the most effective. It's had nealy 80k on the clock and i don't think its ever been polished. I have gone over by hand using megs scratch X.

I havnt got a massive budget either around £150 give or take. Maybe 2nd DAS6?

Thanks

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
Anyone got any advice, this post was from a friend of mine and he would like a little bit of help. Also is it worth getting the Pro version of the DA?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's a weird one mate, personally I would bother with the machie work, most of the work can be done by hand to the level you want it, especially the Mini which is solid colour. Something like Autofinesse tripple or rejuvenate would bring the paint up and then get a good sealant or wax over it. On the focus Rejuvenate+Glaze+LSP would work fine and give a finish a newbie would be chuffed to bits with without spensing a fortune.

Same with the focus as i'm guessing he won't be going into the whole decontamination tar remover/iron remover route. It's like polishing something that dirty, not really any point imo unless you gte the paint at least half clean before polishing.

If after hand work (ooo errr) he still enjoys it then maybe look at a machine polisher.