ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

(HELP) Bucket seats for larger person.

Cup In bits
Right I'm building a 172 to go racing with and I'm havin trouble to find seats that fit well. I'm 6ft 2" and 36" waist with wide shoulders.

My problem is I have no where near my house I.e demon tweeks or the likes to go and physically try seats out.

I have already had delivered 2x Sparco circuit II's which aren't ideal, a little to snug on the hips and shoulders are folded in because the wings are too low. I can't keep sending back seats until the right fit is found

If someone could help with the same-ish build the oNly thing I want is for the seat to have head protection like above seat or Corbeau Revolution

Cheers

Cup In bits
Yeah I forgot to say I don't want to have a mortgage on these seats and recaro racers at £1600 is more than I payed for the car lol.

Im looking at around £600 each

Sparco evo 2 don't have head protection and my seats that I have are the II's and don't fit so not every XL seat will suit.

Anyone used the cobra evolution or Suzuka pro or corbeau revolution or revenge

Monaco 172
I have a Motordrive Pro 5. Motordrive seats go up in size depending on the number, they only advertise up to a Pro 4 but they will special order a Pro 5.

Saying that the Pro 4 would be plenty big enough for you.

(saying that Ive just read you want head restraint and they don't do a bucket seat like that)

Cup In bits
Have you tried the Revenge XL, are you around my build? its my shoulders being crushed that will annoy me the most if I dont get it right.

Trafic 140dci
I found the Bimarco futura wasn't very supportive, I'm a similar built to you by the sounds of it Morgan, you need Recaro Pole Position's.

EDIT: Didn't read you want head support, so can't comment.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I've got Cobra Monaco S XL's in my track car and there's plenty of space in them. I'm a 36 waist too..

Always welcome to try mine out if you're local.

Monaco 172
I'm more of the short and fat build to be honest mate. I tried a Cobra Evolution but i need assistance from the fire brigade to get out.

Cup In bits
I'm more of the short and fat build to be honest mate. I tried a Cobra Evolution but i need assistance from the fire brigade to get out.

haha I lol'd at this, I felt like that when i tried the standard sparco circuits.

Cup In bits
No just standard size. I would go up demon theifs HQ's and sit in them untill you find one you like.

I would if it was even a few hours away but im about 12 hour drive from there, I will just go to the next race meeting and ask people for a seat in a few of there cars.

Im swayed by the cobra evolution pros as they have really hard wearing fabric, but that aint no use if it dont fit.

Cup In bits
I've got Cobra Monaco S XL's in my track car and there's plenty of space in them. I'm a 36 waist too..

Always welcome to try mine out if you're local.

I might take you up on that offer if im down your way again. do you ever go to SMRC weekends at Knockhill?

good ask... i just turned down a pair of sabelt pro racers due to fit so knowing the bigger seats is good. evo 2 is a great seat..

Cup In bits
Going to PFC @ Knockhill in September?

Whats PFC, I'm not down with the Clio kids yet!

Just decided on 2x Corbeau Revenge XL 2012, sent back my Sparco Circuit II's. Corbeau are a nice seats with new design, just hope they fit me well when they come in a few days.

Cup In bits
good ask... i just turned down a pair of sabelt pro racers due to fit so knowing the bigger seats is good. evo 2 is a great seat..

How much £'s and what size were you offered out of interest, we're they in date?

Swede I'm a fair bit bigger than you both in height and waist but the only seats I find comfortable are the Recaro Pole position, Sabelt Taurus XL and Sabelt Titan XL! I somehow have accumulated all three so if you are ever near Leeds and your new seats don't get you sorted then your more than welcome to give them a try although i'm probably just as far for you as DT

Cup In bits
Swede I'm a fair bit bigger than you both in height and waist but the only seats I find comfortable are the Recaro Pole position, Sabelt Taurus XL and Sabelt Titan XL! I somehow have accumulated all three so if you are ever near Leeds and your new seats don't get you sorted then your more than welcome to give them a try although i'm probably just as far for you as DT

Hopefully I'll be areet with these, 2 of those are no head protection, there seems to be a lack of these seats for the larger person.
Trust an American brand to offer the larger seats too.

I tried to find out what seat Matt Neil uses in the BTCC as he is a giant but I had no luck. Probably custom.

DrewHughes

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6 GSR
Sparco Pro 2000's fit me quite nice when I was little bit smaller, Im 6'2ft and fat 40" waist

Cup In bits
Finally received my 2012 Corbeau revenge xl seats and they are a great fit for my build, the biggest seat In the shoulder spacing that I have sat in with head protection.

Cup In bits
Im having the same issue, im 6'7" and a 38 waist, so this thread has been really helpful!

Thanks

You will be fine with the corbeau revenge then.

I'm 36" waist and there's a bit of room to move and the winged parts are high enough not to rub on the top of my shoulders and not fold them in.