ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! 172 Cup electrically dead !

clio 172 cup
Came to start car tonight after work and it was dead, like a totally flat battery. I had just moved it 500yds to the shop first though, came to restart it and nothing. Seemed ok until then.

Got the jump leads on and it was reluctant to start at all, then tried it again and it zipped into life.

I thought it would be a new battery so I picked one up on my way home, thinking there would be some charge back in mine after a good run up the motorway I switched it off.

Wont start, jump or bump, even with new battery. Immobiliser light is on.

Any ideas would really be appreciated.

Cheers, Daz

Da

Less
Immobiliser fault, possibly the decoder ring on the ignition barrel. Have you tried the spare key just to make sure?

Last edited:
  clio 172 cup
Yes tried the spare key, all I can hear is one of the relays clicking away really fast and the dash lights come on n fade.

Try it again and the immobiliser lights on, switch it again the light goes off. Never even turns over whichever. Central locking wont work by remote. Seems like not enough power is getting to anything!

Cant get to work today! So threw a sicky.

Daz

172 A Cupwork Orange™
have you checked the fuses ? stupid question i know but i hade kinda the same prob when i fitted my new radio blew a fuse that ran the door locks and starter etc.. 5 amp one

muz

big fat japanese bus
fecked alternator or even the best that ever happened to me - fan belt falling off -didn't notice and ran out of juise!

clio 172 cup
Sorted!!

Bad earth from the battery neg terminal to the body just behind the headlamp. £45 to find that out, electrician was 5 mins inc testing alternator.
Cheers.

Daz