ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello from Manchester

'12 Clio 1.2 TomTom
Hey all!

I'm from Manchester, and live in Stoke for Uni also.

I drive a '12 Clio 1.2 Dynamique TomTom. Not exactly the quickest car around, but I love it. It's my first car and I absolutely love it haha.

All I've done so far to it is fit black badge covers, change stock headlight bulbs to xenon/HID-look bulbs (which took far too long, stupid Renault!) and put a Dirty Stancing sticker on! I don't think I'll do much more than that to be honest.

To be honest though, I've had quite a few problems with it since I've got it so at least it's living up to the French car stereotype! :)

I'm also an amateur freelance photographer, if anyone's interested.. :)

D3A2DB2C-B0B2-40CD-85D6-43F3417C59D8-7229-0000069C3290DFAE.jpg

b673cfaa.jpg

I look forward to using this forum :D

'12 Clio 1.2 TomTom
Welcome to the forum.

Where abouts in Manchester are you from?

Cheers, I'm in Sale. You in Manc too?

Welcome to the club, mjogreen!

Cheers!

hi and welcome, theres a meet tomorrow in chester if you fancy it :) there should be some decent cars to take pics of... hopefully lol

derrrrrp[/COLOR]

Haha, I'm in Manchester atm. Don't go back to Stoke until about 16th Sept. :D

I can't :( Spending all day tomorrow cleaning and detailing the car ready for a nice long drive down to Tenby on Monday at 5am for a week with the missus. Out of curiosity though, what meet is it?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
lol whoops :eek: you coming tomorrow rhys?

bad idea lol. wait till it gets back from the long drive and then clean it. ive made that mistake before :p

just a little get together/BBQ at roots and shoots in chester

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
lol whoops :eek: you coming tomorrow rhys?

Ash just text me about it.

I'm ummming and arrring about it. Parents go away tomorrow and really I should be sorting food and s**t out for my little brother. But Ash made the valid point of "just bring him with you" which I may do. That or leave him on his own.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Ash just text me about it.

I'm ummming and arrring about it. Parents go away tomorrow and really I should be sorting food and s**t out for my little brother. But Ash made the valid point of "just bring him with you" which I may do. That or leave him on his own.

lol. leave him with a few rustlers burgers/pot noodles and crisps. be reet

'12 Clio 1.2 TomTom
Manchester is a big place dips**t...P.S You can't hide behind the edit.

Boom...Point proven.

And I'm from Failsworth.
Haha! Nice, I have a few friends in Failsworth lol.

bad idea lol. wait till it gets back from the long drive and then clean it. ive made that mistake before :p

just a little get together/BBQ at roots and shoots in chester

Yeah lol true.. But I was thinking if I clean it in and out, especially interior, it'll make me happier to drive for 4-5 hours haha. I'm going to the arsehole end of Wales for a week, so it's going to get dirty no matter what. When I get back I can treat it to another clean and a polish haha.

Ah sweet. Would have been good that. Maybe next time!

Edit:

Cheers everyone else for the welcomes!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
The royal mail vans are funny. On the back the vans have like 3-4 letters to say where they are from then a number. Ours say Fail...

Here's proof of the place existing though.

rejade7u.jpg

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Welcome to the club mate!!

Joe and Scott you've both just made me lol and joe I need you at my house too soon!

Last edited:
  '12 Clio 1.2 TomTom
Haha this has probably been the funniest intro thread to a forum I've ever had.

LOL at Fail Mail.

'12 Clio 1.2 TomTom
Hai!

You live round the corner from me :D

I joined dirtystancing last week after seeing yours sticker in the window!

Ha! Hey!

Ah sweet! I was wondering if it was mine you saw! Whereabouts are you? I replied to your intro thread on DS :p

'12 Clio 1.2 TomTom
I live on Westmorland Rd.

Ah, not been back on in a few days!

Any plans for the Mk3 then?

Ah spitting distance from me then!

I'm going to keep it completely stock for a while, maybe some lowering springs to get rid of the mad gap. But apart from that I'm going to try and keep the warranty active for as long as possible ha. It's already been back in to Renault 5/6 times. Only had it since June.

Ah spitting distance from me then!

I'm going to keep it completely stock for a while, maybe some lowering springs to get rid of the mad gap. But apart from that I'm going to try and keep the warranty active for as long as possible ha. It's already been back in to Renault 5/6 times. Only had it since June.

Bloody hell!

What for?

'12 Clio 1.2 TomTom
Bloody hell!

What for?

I bought it new they said it was meant to come straight from factory. First day it rained I saw the same window writing on the windscreen as in the showroom, so it went in with a complaint and for the windows to be cleaned properly. Same time as that it went in to have the interior door card reattached as I picked it up with it hanging off slightly - didn't notice until the next day.

After that it went in for a week and a half because it wasn't starting properly. They put it down to me not starting it properly, and that still happens, I think I've narrowed it down to being something to do with turning the car off with the interior fans on setting 4, then left for a while. Just seems to not want to start. But that might be a coincidence. It just turns over then finally kicks in with a really weak sounding engine and low idle rev.

It's also been in for the air conditioning because it makes a high pitched whirring noise. They put that down to a faulty pump and they changed that, but it still makes the same noise. Changes with the revs. So they said leave it and come back in a few weeks, and it's been like a month and a half. I had it booked in for last wednesday but had a job interview that day so couldn't make it. So that's going to wait a little longer.

It's also been in for a free valet for the messing around.

Sure there's something else, but I can't remember right now lol.

Bloody hell.

Yeah, I'd turn the fans/AC off when starting it as you'll be drawing a lot of power to get the fans going etc. Its not like the 1.2 is that powerful anyway!

Which dealer is this btw? The one in Altrincham?

'12 Clio 1.2 TomTom
That's another thing for the next time it goes in. I'm not 100% on this, but I think it's sapping too much power from the engine with the a/c on. There's a REALLY noticeable drop in power whilst driving at a steady speed when the a/c is turned on. And I lose a lot of power on 1st and 2nd gear acceleration with a/c on. Just seems like too much loss with a/c on.

Nope, that one turned into Nissan when I was about to buy the car lol so I went to Salford.