ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headunit Fit...

1.2 16v Dynamique
I have just bought a new JVC KD-AVX1, the one with the 3" Screen built into it, if that helps...

I am finding it very difficult to get it to sit right back flush in the dash, has anyone has similar issues? any ways of fixing it?

Cheers,

Jordan

the same problem occurs when trying to fit most aftermarket HU's. My alpine is a pain in the arse due to the large heatsinks and fans at the back to cool the thing down.

All you have to do is persevere... fiddle around with the wires making sure that none of them are getting in the way when you push the Head Unit back in. It's the mass of wires thats stopping it from going back in!

gsb

98 Sreg Clio RT
You are not alone there, its a common issue. I have an alpine unit and it was a pain to fit. I'm worried cos I know i'm gonna have to take it out next weekend, which means putting it back in again. Anway, here is something I copied from a post I made a day or two ago. It may help you slightly, but the main thing is patience.

There is quite a bit of space down to the left and right behind the heater controls. You need to push as many of the cables down there as neatly as possible. Only leave the ones that need to actually go into the back of the HU sticking out. Then you carefully push it in trying to push the spare cables to the side. Its tricky but if you have the time/patience you will get there...eventually.

Last edited:

Da

Less
As above, all my cables are down behind the heater controls. Makes it sooo much easier! :approve:

1.2 16v Dynamique
Cheers Guys! Think I will just pay a visit to ICE direct once I get my sub and amp, and let them do the whole lot for me...

clio 1.4 rt
i work at halfords and fitting is best wen u shove ( i mean hard! ) the wireing loom and other wires down towards the passenger side footwell but still inside the dash. they tend to stay put when you come to pushing the stereo in, can take a couple of goes but is relativly easy