ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headphones

Clio 1.2 shed :)
Im looking to buy a new set as my dog seemed to enjoy my last set.. :dapprove:
Pretty unsure on what to buy so thought i'd ask, whats the best ones to get? That wont rip a new hole in my bank balance haha.
Thanks.

Listerine & Poledo
Have a search matey, there is DEFINATELY a heradphone thread, I put my Scosche on there only the other week.

Oh, but for my money

Sub £100 - Sony XB700's
Sub £200 - Scosche

The Sonys are super full-head cans with proper pillow for ear-muffs, a bomb-proof, metal build and big-ass magnets for actual bass.

Listerine & Poledo
Ah, now they have swivel-cups! something neither of mine have and I would have liked.

Still DJ'ing with 90% dead sony £20 jobbies fom 1999

The model you're after can vary massively depending on what you want to use them for. That said, I use my Sony MDR-7506s for a lot of stuff and have no qualms with them. I had a pair of Sennheiser HD25s before which were awesome but I stupidly lent them to my housemate and he f**king left them at Uni. Cnut.

S3 Sportback, Ninja
I love my Beats Studio's, although it gets annoying seeing all the paupers walking around in their solo's :(

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I have a pair of JVC gummy's which I find a very very good. I also have a set of Sennheiser CX300-II, and although also very good, are not as bassy as the JVC's. Obviously these are in-ear headphones, not sure what type your looking for?

A.N. Other
Got HD25-SPs, as I couldn't warrant the HD25 extra performance - excellent headphone. Just a little bass-heavy for anything jazz/classical (for when I can't be doing with anything hectic!) but great for everything else & drive very loud & clear. They are closed-backs so not much sound escapes.

If you are happy to have open backs, get Grado SR60s - they're also very good & neutral sounding.

It's all about Grado. Had my SR80 for years, and they still sound amazing. Open-back though, as said, so not especially bassy, but very musical.

M135i
It's all about Grado. Had my SR80 for years, and they still sound amazing. Open-back though, as said, so not especially bassy, but very musical.

I'm with the Grado crowd. I've got the SR60's. They are amazingly detailed and have transformed the music I listen to. I love their 'signature' too.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I'm currently suffering mild 'Grattle' in my SR80's. Not terminal but they're annoying nonetheless. I'll try one of the self fixes some day.

I bought a pair of Shure SE215 at the Airport last week (£20 currys/Dixon. PCWorld virtually limitless 3yr eplacement policy) on a whim (arrived absent of my public defense plugs.) Perhaps I've spent too much time on my Budget (Budget+++) Soundmagic E10 plugs.
As a comparison, lower mid and long bass sucks. however 'radio bass' , the mid+, Treb, and general upper clarity is stunning. Do not buy if you want the 'Beats experience though.

Another positive is the fitment. Despite spending a European flight deciding how best to stick them in, I atypically read the manual in a somewhat masculine manor and stored the sacred inner phones like an elvish can. However once manipulated and installed, they don't come out.
View attachment 124691View attachment 124692View attachment 124693View attachment 124689View attachment 124690
Fortunately I was in the young generation when the .mp3 format began to take flight, quite exciting, (make of that what you will), however it took 5+ years before I found 'budget' cns/plugs to match the rather lame format.

Finally, in the modern age, a royal race car.
Once it was jousting at <15mph, now its corner racing at ~150mph. The fear of death differs, but the magnitude of the fear remains.
This pair Shures will do me proud!
Good race guys!