ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlights

Clio 172 Mk2 Ph1
Hey all ... My girlfriend has had a Mk2 Ph1 172 for a couple of months but the headlights were really frosted and had turned quite yellow before we bought it.

I bought a second hand pair of light units and fitted them today, with some new Osram 60W bulbs.

They do seem quite a bit better but nowhere near as good as the lights on my car (a 2007 Colt) so I was wondering if dim headlights is a common feature on the Clio?

They are not xenons or anything, but they are the projector style ones with that kind of magnifier in front of the dipped beam bulb.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

182 FF RB ;)
I've also got the same problem and mines are 8K HID lamps in side I think the only to sort this is to polish them clear or use the wet and dry sandpaper method, I'm just too scared to sandpaper mine incase I f*ck it all up haha!

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
3M do a headlight restoration kit with an almost idiot proof guide.
pick them up on ebay for about £14

S4 Avant
Are we talking about dim lights, or the headlight casing being weathered?

its easy to refurb the headlight casing, but you would be better off with two candles and a prayer than ph1 lights.