ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight bulb upgrades

Mégane RS
Has anyone tried rally bulbs in their Clio’s? 80w bulbs iirc, is there any problems with wiring or heat? Thanks

Golf GTI 1.8T
you shouldnt put anything over whats already in there, by 5w is ok but if its by a lot then you are most likely going to damge a wiring circuit, or worse you relays and switches in your behind your steering wheel which would be very costly to repair.

I've run 100w bulbs in my pug 309 and my old renault 11 and never had any problems, though I haven't put upgraded ones in the clio yet.

I believe from previous posts on here that it's not the power of the bulbs that is the problem with the brightness, it's the current getting to them, hence someone posted up a DIY guide to wiring them straight from the battery rather than via the usual route.

But I may be wrong... lol

I have Philips Power2Night in the Williams - and they are stupidly good.. make the Williams lights actually useful!

1997 Mk1 Megane 2.0 16v
Vinnyc19 said:
Has anyone tried rally bulbs in their Clio’s? 80w bulbs iirc, is there any problems with wiring or heat? Thanks

hi ive got halfords rally 130W/90's in my clio, there is not a problem with the fuses etc, if you are worried however change the size of the fuse for your lights. and btw they are very very bright.

dant

Mégane RS
Yeah i was looking at the Philips rally bulbs that are 80w i think, i would only be using them for full beam as i have to go through a forest with loads of animals that come onto the road

Don't think so?

Oh and...

dan.taylor.1 said:
hi ive got halfords rally 130W/90's in my clio, there is not a problem with the fuses etc, if you are worried however change the size of the fuse for your lights. and btw they are very very bright.

I think it's safer to not uprate your fuses - would you rather have a fuse burn out first or the wires?!? :eek: LoL ;)

Mégane RS
Yeah might not do that if i get some rally bulbs, how bright are they compared to standard ones?

i use 100w philips rallye bulbs in the fabia and they rock really are bright i may replace them with the higher rated ones tho soon