ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlamp Adjuster problem

Renault Clio MK2,Ph2
Hey Guys, first post here, you sound like a pretty helpful lot :D
A few days ago my renault clio mk II failed its MOT on the offside front headlight being too high, the automatic adjuster isnt adjusting it. The guy testing it said he reccomended getting a new headlamp unit.

Before I order a new one is there anyway to easily check that its definately the headlamp broken inside and not the motor? (The motor makes a whirring noise like the working one on the nearside so i presume it is? :S )

On a few other posts as well I saw some people saying about removing the adjuster motor and checking that its connected in properly, how would i do that?

(Sorry for all the questions!)

Cheers guys!

the levelling motor is the thing attached to the back of the headlight with a little white adjuster on top... disconnect the wire and then twist it and it should pop out the back of the light housing - it will still be connected by the adjusting arm so you need to keep twisting the motor and then unclip the nipple (if it is already not connected properly the motor should just pull straight out - refitting is the reverse of what i have just said) if it was connected properly you'll probably need a new motor although to check i'd suggest unplugging the other one and swapping them over to see if that fixes the problem - apparently if theres a fault with the sensor located in the bumper somewhere, the light will never allow itself to level.

new motor is about £50ish i think... alternatively disconnect the wire from the motor and manually adjust the leveller at the MOT place... you need to turn the little white thing on top of the motor- the only problem being if you have alot of weight in the back it won't relevel itself but who gives a f**k?