ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head Unit Help...

Ed

One that doesnt work
I am looking to invest into a new headunit. So i need some help/advice.

First off, which are the best makes?

Best looking headunits?

Where do i get wiring from to wire my headunit to Steering Controls?

vaux cavalier
I am looking to invest into a new headunit. So i need some help/advice.

First off, which are the best makes?

Best looking headunits?

Where do i get wiring from to wire my headunit to Steering Controls?

Hi mate....

There is simply no 'best' manufacturer mate....

Head Unit choice is a very personal affair, to simply buy on another persons recommendation would be a little foolish to be fair mate....

I would suggest you spend some time visiting your local Audio outlets & trying a few different units for yourself, make sure you understand the features & menu functions before you narrow down your final shortlist...

Before you start you need to decide what features & functions you require as a minimum, then any extras over these is a bonus....

I know people who have spent £300 on Head Units who wouldn't know a digital crossover network if it ran up & kicked them in the shin, pointless paying money for features you can't use or understand....

Clio1.2 16v & LR Defender
JVC have hit the market recently, alot of Pro ICE have gone for them since they have so much going for them. Apline were once good but now have all show and no go. (c**k and no balls).

I would go for a JVC

Ed

One that doesnt work
I quite like the Pioneer ones. I just want to know if i canj link it to the controls on my sterring wheel?

Megane 1.6 Dynamique
I got a Fli SWAT 5 head unit, which cost me £70 quid and has every feature going. Best head unit if your on a budget i rekon.

Ed

One that doesnt work
I like this one, it is a Pioneer DEH-P3100UB. Where can i find it the cheapest?
dehp3100ub_main1_gallery.jpg

vaux cavalier
So this is now a 'Post Your Head Unit' thread lol....

Can't beat them, then join them....;)

My Head Unit;

Mexico_Pro_7935_big_5.gif

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
+1 for Alpine here.

Was always a pioneer man, but got given an alpine a couple years ago and have stuck with them!

Storm Grey 200
I really cant stand uber flashy headunits, i wish the standard wasnt such cack.

I have an alpine one, with lights up orange, its alreeet

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
im a pioneer fan, alpine are good, but theyre cheap range dont seem to be up to much,

never been a fan of sony headuints,

JVC-KD-AVX1.jpg

my current unit, bless shes and old girl, but got all the features on it, dvd player too (which you never realise that you dont need until you get one lol)

its abit old and incompatable with new files (m4a/aac) but the avx11 and avx33 are great.