ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HAVE TO HOLD ON???!!!

Clio 172
Hello,

I bought a clio 172 sport a few months back and now it has developed a problem!!

When driving along the car will jump around on the road when you go over the slightest bump!!! i feel i have to hold onto the steering wheel all the time just to be safe! IT pulls to the left and the right!!!

It had both drive shafts changed recently at Renault!!!!

Steering rack or sensor problem??

Please help!!!!

Matt

Clio 172
Thanks for the replys lads,

I will check these when i get home!! it does seem to be coming from the front though?

When i am driving if i go over a bump or drain the car will jump to the left or right..... i constantly have to hold the steering wheel incase it just goes!!!

225 Cup & Williams
Could possibly be balljoints as well as shocks. I had similar issues and changed my balljoints and it's cured. If your front shocks are leaking too they are around £100 new from Renault.

RacingBlue + IceBurg
mine used to do that, not as drasticly as urs tho lol. aswell as tramlining massivly. was quite scary at times. got tracking done and some new contis for the front 2 wheels and is absolutly fine now.

Clio 172 Cup
Sounds like bushes or joints to me, getting it up on a ramp and applying some pressure with a bar to various parts of the suspension should show up where the excess play is and nail the culprit mate.