ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hate when someone asks what car do you have?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I can't see why anyone gives a sh*t what people think of their car, I just tell people I have an old 2.0L Clio when they ask, no one's going to be impressed by a Clio regardless of how good it is so I don't bother trying to explain, 'but it's a fast one and handles really well so it's no just any old Clio', because in reality no one cares.

Track 172 Cup
I have people come up to me all the time asking what my VXR8 is because it has 0 badges on the body just the wheel center caps which are Holden badges. I just says it's a Holden Commodore and get a stranger look, some people say but isn't it a Vauxhall VXR (the seats have the VXR logo on them). If I like a car I buy it (price according lol no Lambo yet) but most of my mates don't understand why I've gone from 13/14 plate beemers / audi's too my VXR8 but i love it, it's an awesome monster. And they see me driving my cup round and just shake their head lol. But they both are great for a totally different driving experience.

PH2 RS172
ive always driven the same cars - typically imprezas and beemers..... so when i have to explain to everyone that i now drive a clio 172 cup (because i work in car spares and always get asked) - everyone looks at me gone out and always ask - why?!? (with a smirk)

unless theyve driven an rs clio most people wont ever get it.

ive had 4 rs clios now... amazing cars to drive and im extremely chuffed ive now got the cup. its only the real petrol heads that come in who understand why a 35 year old bloke drives a clio lol

Last edited:
I have people come up to me all the time asking what my VXR8 is because it has 0 badges on the body just the wheel center caps which are Holden badges. I just says it's a Holden Commodore and get a stranger look, some people say but isn't it a Vauxhall VXR (the seats have the VXR logo on them). If I like a car I buy it (price according lol no Lambo yet) but most of my mates don't understand why I've gone from 13/14 plate beemers / audi's too my VXR8 but i love it, it's an awesome monster. And they see me driving my cup round and just shake their head lol. But they both are great for a totally different driving experience.

It sounds like none of your mates are into cars?

Track 172 Cup
Nope lol sometimes I wonder how were friends, I looked at a C63 AMG (estate as I think they look better than the saloon) and one mate said why would you buy a 2012 Mercedes when you have a newer 2013 BMW ( I was driving my 125d) and i just wanted to slap him so hard, doesn't help that they all drive shed's because a car is just a car and why spend all your money on one and then go out Thurs/Fri/Sat on the p1ss spending all their money on booze/cig's (I don't drink or smoke lol so am slightly bias on that one).

They don't like my Cup because it looks 'boy racer' and I should be old enough too know better, but then some always ask why I don't invite them to a track day..

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
They say Porsche owners are cnuts and when you meet one they'll naturally tell you they had one to feel high and mighty.

I used to have one...

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
They don't like my Cup because it looks 'boy racer' and I should be old enough too know better, but then some always ask why I don't invite them to a track day..

Should take them out and terrify them lol.

Z4
I've never really been insecure enough to care what others think when buying a car.

I owned an Audi TT at 21 which I hated driving but it seemed to impress everyone else, I then got an E46 M3 at 23 and the neighbours were slightly less impressed, still approved, but at least I was enjoying myself this time. I then got a 182 with a yozza, they lost their s**t. I ran out of fuckks to give.

At 28, I now own a 250 cup, and I almost enjoy the underwhelming 'oh, a Renault..' reply. If you don't know what it is, I don't really want to talk to you about cars.
If you want to impress others, and fall into the obscurity of sheep get an Audi. I'll stick with the French thing, though.

Old thread bump. Lol.

I get that with guys I work with. A lot of them like, but aren't "into", cars.
So most are a little confused why I have a girly yellow clio

And probably 80% of people I meet don't really care/know what they are.
But for the 20% that do, it makes owning it that touch more satisfying. "Don't see many of these anymore"
"Not seen one in this colour before, you had it sprayed?"
"These are meant to be great fun to drive"

I like that it's only really car enthusiasts that "get" these cars.

Everyone one else can f**k off anyway because I only like car people [emoji41]

Clio
Funny you should say that, I just happen to have a picture of my drill lying around.

IMG_3836_zpsma539kxx.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
I have people come up to me all the time asking what my VXR8 is because it has 0 badges on the body just the wheel center caps which are Holden badges. I just says it's a Holden Commodore and get a stranger look, some people say but isn't it a Vauxhall VXR (the seats have the VXR logo on them). If I like a car I buy it (price according lol no Lambo yet) but most of my mates don't understand why I've gone from 13/14 plate beemers / audi's too my VXR8 but i love it, it's an awesome monster.
If I saw a HSV Holden anywhere I'd be dry-humping the front grille so hard you'll need a new slam panel

Renaultsport is what porsche is to Ferrari.

Basically the poor mans porsche as the porsche is the poor mans ferrari. But as we all know the renault is better bang for buck than the porsche as the porsche is the Ferrari.

I basically ignore practically all cars unless they are Renaultsport, Porsche or Ferrari lol