ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has my clutch gone?

Clio III - S 1.5dci
Hi guys, just wanted some advice, i have a 1.5dci Dynamique S it's a 56 plate and it has done 56k, mostly motorway driving. Now last year after my usual service the garaged advised me that next year the clutch would need doing. Now although the biting point is very high on the pedal i have felt no slip at all!

Now, is it possible the clutch actually needs replacing after such low milage? or could it be the cable needs adjusting or similar?

Also is there any tests i can do myself?

Thanks in advance

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
How the funky chicken did they predict a clutch would need doing in a years time??

Put it in 5th/6th at 40mph. Floor it. If it doesn't slip don't worry.

C

clio-lord

handbrake one 5th gear rev to 3k and let the clutch out if it stalls id be happy to say its fine

Clio III - S 1.5dci
Thanks guyz, i know what you say when how the hell they could predict it lol.

I'll do the tests tomorrow, but i get stuck on the m4 sometimes and always slo down to 40 in 5th and she pulls away fine with no slipping! but i'll double check it and the handbrake test.

About the high bite point, can this be adjusted on the cable?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
WTF at some of these suggestions, stick with Daniels.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
flol lol @ funky chicken!! Dont listen to the garage, clutch pedals are high anyway on clio 3s. My mrs 2002 dci clio is on 125k and original clutch, just to give you some idea that they last over 100k easily.

Clio III - S 1.5dci
Is there anyway to adjust the clutch cable to lower the biting point?

I remember changing my auto adjust cable for a manual one on my Mk 2 golf, but they were easy to work on LoL.

Clio III - S 1.5dci
Well i have done all the tests and the clutch seems fine - Thanks for the tips.

Is there anyway to adjust the clutch cable to lower the biting point?