ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hard water

soon to be 182 ;)
what shampoo for hard water area? got megs gold class atm and dont like it, i know JD will sat BTBM but is there anything else thats good or should i go for Dodo BTBM?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What difference does hard water make?

Buy some BTBM and you'll be fine.

Mini Cooper S
If it helps, Meg's Gold Class didn't soap up too well for me, Duragloss 901 does.

Gally; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_water

This is something that is quite difficult to deal with (cheaply). It means your hose is also more likely to leave water marks and spotting on your paint. The only solution I know of is to install a water purification system, like the ones linked in a thread a day or two ago.

Or move, of course.

Bumder With A Buffer
Watermarks are a b**ch in this area.

I do struggle to get "good foam" from certain shampoos if but I get around that by using the hose set on its hardest/strongest setting (I got on of the ones that you keep twisting the nozzle and it goes from a liht mist to a "jet")

Fill it up in the kitchen a bit with hot water and top of with the "jet" setting..lots of foam.

Just using the kitchen tap doesn't get hardly any foam as it isn't strong enough. (pressure wise)

soon to be 182 ;)
Watermarks are a b**ch in this area.

I do struggle to get "good foam" from certain shampoos if but I get around that by using the hose set on its hardest/strongest setting (I got on of the ones that you keep twisting the nozzle and it goes from a liht mist to a "jet")

Fill it up in the kitchen a bit with hot water and top of with the "jet" setting..lots of foam.

Just using the kitchen tap doesn't get hardly any foam as it isn't strong enough. (pressure wise)

will have to try this, richy get ya membership paid or are you not gonna?

Bumder With A Buffer
I don't know if I can be arsed! That £12 could go towards my £2500 repair bill for the evo!!!

Bumder With A Buffer
Ayc pump has gone. Well the solenoids have inside.

You can't buy the solenoids new, only second hand and they are 80 second hand.

Or you buy a new pump which is 2.5k

:)

Sweeetttttttt

Ah crap buddy, that sucks :(

Just a note, I always fill up the buckets with hot water, then jet them with the pressure washer to ensure the shampoo has mixed properly. Also brings the temperature down to the right level.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ayc pump has gone. Well the solenoids have inside.

You can't buy the solenoids new, only second hand and they are 80 second hand.

Or you buy a new pump which is 2.5k

:)

Sweeetttttttt
All that fancy tech. Yaaaawnnnn control and then it costs a fortune. You need a 300% Fiesta that can be fixed with a hammer and duck tape.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Flol!

Everytime I see anything Jap for sale it just screams BIG BILLS to me. :( I'd love to own one though, stick to simple jap like DC2/DC5/EK9.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Funny you should say that... some say we are one in the same person.

Bumder With A Buffer
All that fancy tech. Yaaaawnnnn control and then it costs a fortune. You need a 300% Fiesta that can be fixed with a hammer and duck tape.

It still functions and I don't notice any difference in handling, i don't drive it hard enough :eek: