ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Halfords Rattle Cans

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Anyone used them? Heard of a few peple complaining that the colour match was terrible. Want to have a bash at doing my side strips today :D Cheers

PH2 RS 172 Forsale
Wouldn't bother mate. Everytime ive bought some they have'nt matched, better off getting it mixed

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
I use them all the time, but never on exterior panels etc, tbh you would be best to use the colour code of your car and going to a paint place, atleast then you got the right colour,

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
use autopaints mail order (st.helens)

Halfords cans and people who mix them really really do not know what they are doing. i went in with the correct paint code for my clio (shade of blue)
i was given a can that when i tested it on something random at home it was in actually fact a closer mach to beige/grey than any shade of blue lol!!!

More poke than viagr
I used them to colour code my side strips and spoiler. I found the colour match was perfect tbh :approve:

Only thing id say is that they can be tricky to spray though, un even spray, different on each can lol. If your carefull though they give a good finish.

256zj2u.jpg

Can see the colour match in this pic :approve:

- note we didnt use halfords for bullets, and halfords was better look!

Mini Cooper S
Better off finding a paint shop that will mix you up paint in a rattle can. Much better quality stuff. But by the time you've added it all up, you may as well get them done professionally!

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Was going to use autopaints, but really want to have a go today as i dont have another day off untill late next week. Halfords dont stock nautical blue in any stores near me, so it would be getting mixed anyway. I think I'll give them a try, if it all goes wrog i'll sort something out lol :)

Fabia VRS Special Ed
I mix paint at Halfords, never had any complaints...As long as they follow the wieghts of the paints and clean everything up before they mix, there shouldn't be any problems.

There are some though that try and do it quickly, put too much paint in and instead of starting again..just carry on, thus making the ratios completely wrong...So the colour will be a mismatch.

More poke than viagr
Mines nautical blue mate, had about 4 cans mixed, at differrent times, and by different people aswell and all of them were perfect!

All my experiences from halfords have been spot on

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Just got some. It's only £12.99 for a can so if it does go tits up i havn't lost much, and i'll just drop them off to get them done proffesionally like i was planning on doing in the 1st place! I shall let you know how i get on..

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Lol i took the easy option. It was spot on really mate, plastered them in it. Gave them a light sanding down and they were smooth! I heard it's a bit of a pain in the ass trying to sand them flat. Got through a whole can just on the front and back strips on from one side, so will be going back for more tomorrow lol.

I haven't lacquered them or anything yet, but took them out and fitted them on the car a minute ago and it doesn't look too bad tbh! Then again, it is quite dark outside.

Thats alright then! How did you find the filler primer? I never bother with it, jsut sand flat.

Clio 1.4 16v
i did my side strips and found that the colour match was spot on gave it a laquor after aswell and they came out top job all halfords paint aswell

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Finished one side now. It's hard to tell as the car is filthy at the moment, but it doesn't look too bad. Wouldn't say perfect though.