ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gutted :(

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
just quickly washed my wheels and noticed my 182 isnt mint like i thought it was :(
the front bumper/wheel arch has a 5cm-ish scrape that's been touched up terribly to make it worse! cant believe i didnt spot this til now im gutted!

the front bumper has also got 2 big black circles where the paint has chipped off, this may have happened whilst ive owned it so im not TOO upset about that but im just annoyed at how it's ruined my car!

any suggestions as to how i can do something about it?!

cheers

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
the thing is, my bf is pretty sure it wasnt like that when we 1st went to view the car as he inspected it quite well. the car had done about 30 miles from me viewing it and him taking it off sale, to me picking it up. i already know the garage have filled in my stripes with tip ex! so im quite angry!

Maz

LY 200
Get back onto them, not sure if you have much chance but dont you get a 28 day somthing or other with cars too ?

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
ive got 3 months warrenty with the garage hun aswell as my renault warrenty, might be an idea!

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
thats a shitter. when i went to vie mine it was raining so could see any chips or anything but fook there was miilions of them on the bonnet and bumper plus it had to smashed fogs. ah well thats life. take it back maybe and complain but they might just argue back saying it wasnt there

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
yeah no doubt they will just say ive done it! im well annoyed though because we were pretty sure it was mint, none of the wheels had even slight marks on them or anything, but now ive noticed the passenger side where the arch is scuffed and badly touched up also has a bit of scuffing on the wheel where the paint has come off. its probably not bad and not noticable to someone else but now i know its there im so annoyed!

Maz

LY 200
ive got 3 months warrenty with the garage hun aswell as my renault warrenty, might be an idea!

Do some reearch before you get on the phone find out what your rights are and go from there, better to know where you stand rather than let them fob you off which they will.

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
sounds silly but it would have probably put me off buying the car if i'd have noticed it when i picked it up, i definitely wouldnt have given him the full asking price anyway!

Looking for a ph-quick...
Totally gutted about this, the car was immaculate when we viewed it!
Im sure this was done in between us viewing and picking it up, and its some how accumilated 30 miles between that too!! I spent a good 10-15 minutes looking round the whole car, wheels etc.
I'd have to take a look at it babe, but it will probably be smart repairable. Get it at mates rate too. If you take it to a bodyshop they will say you need the whole bumper painting. The guy we use does our mercs and is really good!

Last edited:
  57 Ibiza Formula Sport
not the point though is it, shouldnt have 2 be paying out for it already, especially if the garage have done it!

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
Not sayin it was from that but it could have happened on meet on that stone carpark

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just take it back to the garage??

Surely there's no cause for concern until they refuse to repair it. Just explain its been pissing down with rain since you bought it so haven't had chance to look at it properly. If he/she's got any morals they'll sort it for you.

VaVa
Bad news is it'll most likely never be the same again! : (

My bumper got scraped in a car park - no one else notices but it stands out like a sore thumb to me. My car was only weeks old at the time.

Feel for you duck, I really do.

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
sorry to hear that laingo and cheers. hopefully i'll get it sorted just puts a downer on things!

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
could well have happened on that meet ryan, but im not too bothered about the stone chip it just looks like a bit of black muck ;) lol

Looking for a ph-quick...

My bumper got scraped in a car park - no one else notices but it stands out like a sore thumb to me. My car was only weeks old at the time.

Never be th esame again??????? What do you mean?

Caddy Maxi
maybe the marks were there but both being excited about a new car you didnt see them? happens to people. you always find an extra mark or two on the car after you get it home

VaVa

Never be th esame again??????? What do you mean?

You're lucky if you get a perfect repair. And even if it is the fact you know it's there bugs the hell out of you. Well it does me anyway.

Ad

MK2 FRS
its a used car so the stone chips are part of the run of the course.

I think you will struggle to get the garage to repair it for you, but you can only try.. racing blue should not be too difficult to smart repair.

Octavia VRS
the thing is, my bf is pretty sure it wasnt like that when we 1st went to view the car as he inspected it quite well. the car had done about 30 miles from me viewing it and him taking it off sale, to me picking it up. i already know the garage have filled in my stripes with tip ex! so im quite angry!

Tix ex? Fooks sake

CS Dungeon
Yup. Sold as seen. i don't think you've got a leg to stand on tbh. :(

Will you stand on my 3rd leg if I flop it out on the table?

Anni..............Look at the stone chips and scuff
Garage..........Oh yeah
Anni..............What you going to do about it as there were not there when I 1st saw the car
Garage...........Did you have a thorough inspection before you collected the car?
Anni...............No
Garage............BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHA MUG...........Now f**k off and stop wasting my time
Anni................Boohoo snivvle

The End

Elise S1 B&C 140
/\/\/\/\ I agree that was a little harsh.

I really feel for ya I think your best line of attack is the tippex in the stripes. Id be fuming. If they take you seriously about that show them the other marks too.

Hope you get it sorted.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
My attitude is that if you dont ask, you dont get.
Good luck Anni, go give 'em hell.

VX220 Turbo
unfortunatly u'r stuck with is like that.

I always photo my wheels before having tyres changed so that if they get damaged they can't claim it was already there.

www.renparts.co.uk
why is it definitely the garage? they will have just bought it from auction so it could well have been tip ex'd etc before..... oh and i wouldn't even bother going into the garage as you don't have a leg to stand on.... its up to you to inspect it on pickup...