ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gutted - Total Loss

derv biege barge
Last Thursday I stopped behind a Peugeot at a roundabout and was stationary in traffic then a van hit me up the backside smashing me into the car infront. No airbags activated which surprised me.

Car is total loss, insurance reckons almost 7 grand to repair.

Absolutely gutted. Had the belts and dephaser done with Dan@sjm about 3-4-weeks ago too.

IMAG0540.jpgIMAG0513.jpgIMAG0516.jpgIMAG0519.jpgIMAG0525.jpg

The courtesy car has made me feel a bit better though Toyota GT86 nice.

IMAG0546 copy.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0521.jpg
    IMAG0521.jpg
    513 KB · Views: 225
  derv biege barge
They offered me the GT 86 I just politely accepted lol.

No to buying it back - they want 35% of payout so cant be bothered I will just take the cheque and sort a new one out. To be fair they valued my car well enough to enable me to go buy a direct replacement in decent condition.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Unlucky, why would the air bags go off in a rear impact?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols. Isn't the GT86 a 2.0ltr engine?

This ladies and gentlemen is one of theee sole reasons why your insurance premiums are through the roof.

How long did you have the Subayota for?

derv biege barge
Still got the gt.

Like for like they told me when they surprised me with the courtesy car lol.

Ph1
Why are insurance companies giving out expensive courtesy cars? :S When my Girlfriend had a accident she had a choice of top of the range BMW's. :eek:
By the time she had to hand it back the lease to the insurance company was something like 3k !! No wonder insurance is so expensive. Total pointless waste of money when all thats needed is a poxy 1.2 Fiesta or Clio LOL

PB Clio 172
Why are insurance companies giving out expensive courtesy cars? :S When my Girlfriend had a accident she had a choice of top of the range BMW's. :eek:
By the time she had to hand it back the lease to the insurance company was something like 3k !! No wonder insurance is so expensive. Total pointless waste of money when all thats needed is a poxy 1.2 Fiesta or Clio LOL

not really, if another insurance company is paying for the hire car, why not !

Owen

ClioSport Admin
The point he is making is that the insurance company aren't paying for it at all, we are (as the customer) by way of often extortionate premiums.

RB 182 195bhp
Gutted to hear this. You'd be lucky not to get whiplash from that I'd imagine. Must hurt. How does the gt86 drive then?

derv biege barge
Lol at some comments etc.

thanks Dan a few niggles here and there but it generally wanted for nothing.

like for like : if I had 10 kids and a minibus to transport them in. Through no fault of my own I was inconvenienced. I would expect courtesy vehicle to be a mini bus. Thankfully I don't have 10 kids.

GT 86 doesn't feel faster than my Clio. Does feel better in the corners.

I enjoyed the clio for it's fun factor I just feel like a poser in the Toyota.

But I'll enjoy it while I can.

Apologies to all those believing I am costing them a fortune in insurance.

This my second incident both non fault in 15yrs of driving the first was 14yrs ago. Not too bad then in my opinion.

I don't think anyone was directing it you mate, more the fact that the insurance company have given you a £25k courtesty car!

Agreed! Although is it only me thats slightly happy by this? id rather have a nice courtesy car than the money go in there back pocket ? lol i know in a ideal world we'd all like it cheaper , but thats not ever going to happen !!

Clio 197
hell your 182 was a right mess after that accident...absolute belter getting a GT86 though.

What are you going to replace the 182 with, another 172/182?

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
What did the van driver say.......the fool.

​Should have his licence removed for 3 years and then have to take a retest, too many numpties on the roads.

derv biege barge
Still a little bit undecided would love another 182 but 300+ miles to and fro work is screaming diesel at me. 2 of my workmates just changed to diesel and reckon so much cheaper on juice.

some weeks the 182 was guzzling £120 of vpower.

prob Audi a3 diesel but if the right182 comes my way I would prob be impulsive.

Insurance finalised it all today so just waiting for cheque to come and GT86 to go, sadly.

Clio 172
Lol at some of the stuff posted here regarding a courtesy car !! Main thing is the chap isn't hurt and through no fault of his own has lost his pride and joy no doubt. Could of been a lot worse judging by the way the van looks.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
:dapprove: Not a nice thing to happen.

Good on you for getting a GT86 as a courtesy car, and even better, good on you for getting a fair payout! Not all insurance companies are that willing to pay out the full value of the car!

All I want to know is what was the excuse from the van driver?!
Just not paying attention?

This is the only thing that worries me, I see t***s speeding up full force catching me up and only slowing down when theyre about 15 inches away from me, I just wanna get out and slap them a few. The day (if it happens) someone does this to me im going to have a roid rage so hard marvel might consider me to play the next hulk.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I wasn't actually having a go at the OP. he'll have a laugh when his renewal comes through and his own insurance attempt to ream him.

SQ5
I had my R32 crashed into and had an Mx5 for a month costing £115 a day and then an Astra Convertible at £130 a day for about 2 months. My insurance premium didn't go up.

I argued it wasn't like for like and they didn't care.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
FLOL at the GT86 comments. So if someone crashed into you through no fault of your own writing off you're 182 you'd be happy to be given a Daewoo Matiz for a few weeks? To save a £1 a month on your premium.
I know I wouldn't be!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I asked for a basic Corsa when my Focus went in. All you need is something to get you from A to B.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
FLOL at the GT86 comments. So if someone crashed into you through no fault of your own writing off you're 182 you'd be happy to be given a Daewoo Matiz for a few weeks? To save a £1 a month on your premium.
I know I wouldn't be!

No I would indeed want like for like. Not that i'd need it personally any car would suit my needs.

The comments are more aimed towards the insurance company/accident management company.

I always remember seeing a young lass in an older megane coupe one year, she was given a 300C Chrysler thing. It was facking massive.

4 hours she lasted before she reversed it into a wall.

derv biege barge
Lol no offence taken here everybody entitled to opinion.

I was offered the courtesy car, the model was not at my request.

no one was more shocked than me when that Toyota turned up, except maybe for the missus.

insurance won't ream me as non fault. Can't be penalised for being in the wrong place at the wrong time I already asked them. All parties claimed against van driver so his will go up and serves his right too. That was my pride and joy oh and my life too. Just glad my kids were not present I was enroute to collect them.

Thanks to all for the sympathy it is appreciated.

oh and sick Lexus lights? Not on my car bud. Although they do look like Lexus lights after the lenses were smashed off in the crash lol

save a pound on my premium for a Daewoo? I'd rather pay an extra tenner a month to ensure everyone gets a gt86.

Last edited: