ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GTR Modding time

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Needless to say it was day over. I have had emails from the supplier and his dealer that fitted it and they're both blaming each other, ones blaming rubbish quality, the other bad fitment. Only offer I've had is a new one at cost! Why they think I would want another I don't know. It cost £1k in the first place and that doesn't include fitting.

Anyway I have a new one on order with JCR and it's been developed for track use. :)

I'd be fuming with that - even if it cost £100! They really should sort that out for you....

D.

MY10 R35 GTR
Been at it all week and getting where. Both dealer and supplier blaming each other. I'm back offshore this week so can't do anything about it for a month

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Just picked up my new one and it's unreal how quiet they are on the stock system!

Really need to get my Akrapovic back on for some noise!

Loving the new colour:
10297617_10152392326542392_4330903264431957360_n.jpg

MY10 R35 GTR
Tis a very nice color.

I considered a titek and akrapovic exhaust but both were silly money. Im loving my russ fellows custom exhaust

MY10 R35 GTR
Well after a good bit of thought I've decided its time to sell and move onto somit else.

Had ad an amazing time with then GTR but with my recent outing on track I've felt it's missing somit. So time to sell

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yes, soul, something the Gtr has no sense of, it's simply a machine. A blunt machine.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Had to laugh at how fast a GTR is in anyone's hands when I did a sprint at castle combe and they were recording speeds across the line. A guy had just retired and bought one. He was coming round camp 10mph less than most people but was a good 20mph faster over the line. This was against stripped out track fodder as well. Nice bloke too.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Flol at tiny hatch drivers giving 700bhp a hard time.

And please don't talk to me about steering feel.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Would you have another one?

I love my mates, its absolutely fantastic. His is around 650bhp. I honestly don't think I could own one without crashing or being killed/banned from driving lol. The way it gets to 160+mph is just brutal. It doesn't need much road at all! The way it hangs its arse out constantly is just funny, goes up most roads sideways in low gears.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Why does how much power it's got have any relevance at all to this? And size???

Seems to me you have an inferiority complex because you run around in a 'tiny hatch' yourself LOL

I was commenting on what YOU said,why would that give me an inferiority complex.

I'm impressed Ian apparently managed to convey condescension via written text. That takes some doing.

(s**t did I just do sarcasm?)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm impressed Ian apparently managed to convey condescension via written text. That takes some doing.

(s**t did I just do sarcasm?)

You can't just "do" sarcasm you ruffian!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
People are ignoring the fact the OP has said it was lacking something on track.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Anyways...... I for one, are looking forward to reading Jason next vehicle piloting reports!

I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a return visit to the three-red diamond brigade.... ;)

D.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I have no hate for them at all. As a way of moving along, as a piece of engineering, they're almost second to none.

But as with plenty of others they do as much for me as any other white good.

That wasn't meant to be actually directed to you mark but there is an internet hatred of them in some form on many forums as not being "a drivers car" that was my point.

But thanks for menstruating for me.

MY10 R35 GTR
Hahaha I see I've caused a bit of a stir.

One of the man things is I found I was chasing lap times. And I was then looking at upgrading the suspension and changing to R888s. Seats and harnesses next. I would have had 10K spend in no time. And then you have to think about cooling, 7/8 laps at most around KH and then you spent 30 mins letting it cool down. So another 3/4K for cooling. And for what, slightly more enjoyment on a trackday, and a car that would possibly been less enjoyable day to day. I went down that road with the EVO.

No the plan is to go back racing, albeit not back to karts. Stockcars, well Superstox to be exact :)

spedeworth_superstox_17_by_gridart-d5644zm_zpsb678f4c1.jpg

156575-single-superstox-racing-at-great-yarmouth_zpsce307f80.jpg

tvr2207725_zpsa5bd8dd4.jpg