ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gt dci 106 intercooler\remap\ turbo

Clio gt dci 106
Hi, bought my first car in February this year which was a clip gt the dci 106 model, the car felt relatively quick at first but now I'm looking for that little bit more power, a decent remap will take the car to 130 bhp but I'm thinking of changing the intercooler and maybe turbo can anybody suggest any ideas for me, like I say it's my first car so any advice/knowledge is greatly appreciated

cheers

DCI100
Intercooler can be worth while but it won't give you any more power just bring your intake temperatures down for better running.

Bigger turbo is pointless there's a lot more mods to go with to get the power increased safely.

De-cat / full larger exhaust system would be good to let your turbo spool up early which means less lag.

Other than that mate its all big bucks :)

Clio gt dci 106
Thanks for that I'm looking at putting £600 into it to begin with, realistically what bhp do you reckon is achievable

DCI100
130 perhaps a little bit more. You have to think about what the power affects.... Like clutch for example.

But I'd go for new exhaust (no cat is the important bit)

Good full engine service using high quality oil which is fully synthetic.

A good remap from a well know company who are respectable and have a good reputation.

And perhaps a nice big intercooler, but not essential. The bigger the better as you want to bring the intake temperature down as much as possible.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
RS tuning remap is all you need on these, no need changing turbos or anything like that

I never got round to mapping mine just unplugged the MAF sensor on the airbox and it pulled much stronger, was smokey though lol

'06 MK3 Clio 1.4L
130 perhaps a little bit more. You have to think about what the power affects.... Like clutch for example.

But I'd go for new exhaust (no cat is the important bit)

Good full engine service using high quality oil which is fully synthetic.

A good remap from a well know company who are respectable and have a good reputation.

And perhaps a nice big intercooler, but not essential. The bigger the better as you want to bring the intake temperature down as much as possible.

the turbos are relatively small on these engines, if he slaps on a big inter cooler he's more likely to get turbo lag, a smaller yet more efficient inter cooler would reduce turbo lag and do a better job.

only thing I would recommend doing is getting a straight through pipe made up from turbo back (no cat), full service and custom remap. Should be noticeable bhp and torque gains.

DCI100
Bigger turbo then he needs bigger injectors is he going to be able to keep the the temperatures down with a bigger turbo? Probably not. Needs a different manifold and piping too if he's using a turbo with a different foot print so it's really not worth it.

And he'd have to change clutch most likely along with other stuff to meet the additional power. How much power can the original engine take?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
no one will know what the engine will take, personally I wouldn't want to be pushing it past much more than just a simple remap will get!

I know there is a few guys in other parts of Europe running 140 odd bhp and 220lbft from these engines with just a strong map!

DCI100
Someday it up then a decat will help spool up, a good map and perhaps a nice inter cooler if you really want to :)