ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

group 17 to group 8

currently got a group 17 car, looked up quotes for a group 8 car, which was a diesel 106 and its coming up around an extra £150 - no details changed, only the car information

hows this? is it because a lot of first time drivers may have this car or what??

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
No mate just in general.

EG. An early 90's Audi S2 is a few insurance groups higher than a Clio 172, my quotes are still 20% cheaper for one.

currently got a group 17 car, looked up quotes for a group 8 car, which was a diesel 106 and its coming up around an extra £150 - no details changed, only the car information

hows this? is it because a lot of first time drivers may have this car or what??

My other half just sold her TT (225bhp, grp 17) and got a SportKa (95bhp, grp 11) and it cost us an extra £120. She had only just renewed on the TT too, so its not the time gap that did it.
The mind boggles.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Cost me £5 a year more to insure a 225 TT than a 1.7 standard Puma.

Group 18 TT vs group 11 Puma.

Insurance groups mean F all these days.

^^ its strange though its a group 17 car, and that wasnt garaged the R5 was garaged yet it cost more, curse those early 90s boy racers

phase 1 Clio 172
I've recently been informed that insurance groups are now grouped from 1-50, and not 1-20 as they used to. This may have had an effect.

I've recently been informed that insurance groups are now grouped from 1-50, and not 1-20 as they used to. This may have had an effect.

Nah its just for our benefit, insurers have always used 1-50 and public have used 1-20, we're now using the scale they assess risk by

Prab