ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Green Track Cup - Back To Basics

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Went for the 33/37, will be interesting to see if I end up using it on track or if upping the limiter a little to 7750rpm and holding 4th will be quicker.
Same as what I've gone for then mate. I'm wondering what my top speed will be with that setup as I don't want to be sitting on the limiter in 5th gear at the ring. My limiter will be 8k so not the nicest place to be sat for any length of time!

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Going by the calls I have mark at 7500 I'm topping out at 123mph so pushing to 8000 should see 131 mph if you are on a 195/50/15 tyre.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
be good to see the car back on track! hopefully issue free, you doing the TS trackday on wednesday? if so i may bug you for a pax lap if possible

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Time for alignment ready for track tonight. Going for -3 deg of camber as the ast's are a lot firmer.

1433155105.jpg

1433154994.jpg

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Going by the calls I have mark at 7500 I'm topping out at 123mph so pushing to 8000 should see 131 mph if you are on a 195/50/15 tyre.
Ouch! That'll be me hitting the limiter hard then down flugplatz and fuchsrohre as I'm reaching 135 on standard gearing! Are you on the standard final drive ratio?

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
SLS power run day
Car weighs 999kg with me in it still with passenger seat fitted.
First power run on a mainline dyno that is knows to be hard. Clio's with exhaust and filter typically make 140's atw

First run 182 atw , this puts me in a class with M3's and evos , so tried to drop the power to get into the 160/ton class. Managed to get it down to 175 atw but still making 160+ from 5000rpm .
Time to go the other way and up the limiter to see if the little car has any more in it.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Final result 195bhp at the wheels with more torque in the mid range.
This was the first run against the 2nd last.

1437045106.jpg

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Good numbers, should be competitive in SLS (possibly not outright class win pace). power wise that puts you at the upper end of class D, last round the winning time was a 57 something wasnt it?

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Yip I'm sure the winning Evo was a 47 and the M3's were doing 48's , really don't think I will get close to those times.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
To be honest it looks alot better in pics than real life lol , its a track car so not too fussed about scratches and chips.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
@neil a i reckon your car is capable of sub 59, yumen in his standard power/gbox 172 was doing 1.02's an cracked a 1.01 at a previous sls round. The time is in your car with the power and gearbox

in my ph1 1 consistently do 1.03 and 4's with half an interior and a passenger

turbo 182
Neil what's it cost to enter 1 round of the SLS or would I need to enter the series? PM if you'd prefer?

Are you there 25th and 26th July?

turbo 182
I wouldn't have a hope in hell of winning tho I'd be in a class with 400-500bhp scoobys and evos! Plus I've never driven knock hill, still be good to enter a round - most likely be next year now

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I kindda liked it more without the stickers, looks ace in the on track shots though!

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
I did as well but I got a deal on the paint job for putting a few stickers on the car , so rather than a few random stickers we decided to do a bit of a design.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Had another wet track night at knockhill on Monday night, I really need to work on a wet set up as the car was all over the place. I switched from Ao48's to Federal RSR's and if anything they were worse. I think even with the roll bar disconnected and suspension backed off a little it was still too hard at the back, I was getting zero heat into the tyres even after 10 laps.

I did get sent this video of the little clio getting hunted down by a pack of subarus , first time I've heard my car on track :smile:

th_scooby%20chase%20vid.jpg

I also received my light weight cup spoiler from CMC , and was shocked at just how much weight had been reduced from the standard unit.

1437559626.jpg

Last edited:
RSR's are utter s**t in the wet from what I've found, we run Avon CR28's and they are by far the best wet tyre we've found. They look rubbish but aren't a million miles of a full race wet

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
I did get sent this video of the little clio getting hunted down by a pack of subarus , first time I've heard my car on track :smile:

th_scooby%20chase%20vid.jpg

[/QUOTE]
Told you it sounded great!!