ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Green Track Cup - Back To Basics

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Got these fitted today , and first impressions are very good even from cold they seem very sharp.

1422642397.jpg

Then made up some headlight blanks, not sure if I like them in black or what colour to do them.

1422642409.jpg

1422642418.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks I like the look they give and only takes 2 min to re fit the lights if needed.
I also got the eps sorted finally tonight looks like it has been a faulty motor from the start :( It finally died fully last week, fitted a new one tonight ( thanks STU) and now have fully working and adjustable steering .

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Im hoping to get booked onto a open pit day this weekend , so looking forward to see how the diff and steering have changed the car.
Going to try and get the car along to Sitech Racing during the week to put it on the rollers to check the fuelling is still fine , and may try and get a bit more mid range power.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Time is the Trackday at knockhill...................i'll probably pop up for a little watch

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Had the car in the dyno jet rollers at Sitech today and had the map adjusted. Looks like the engine has freed off a little since it was built/mapped, as it needed a little more fuel through out the map. But power seems to be very similar to the old 228 fly power that it made on the Dastek rollers , this time after the map tweeks IT wa making between 204 and 206 at the wheels.

th_1423158505.jpg

th_1423158745.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Was at knockhill today and again the little clio was faultless all day
The track was slippy early in the day but towards the end there was decent grip round most of the track, but still easy to lock up going into the hairpin.
Think my best time was a 62's with a passenger , which I'm fairly pleased with considering the conditions and it was the first time I've drove the car in 6 months.
Not as good a day for a few others, with a couple of evos going bang, a bmw compact going into the tyres and a subaru rolling into the hairpin.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
No problem James.
Really wish I could stretch to your suspension aswell as think the car really needs a upgrade.

No problem James.
Really wish I could stretch to your suspension aswell as think the car really needs a upgrade.
Suspension went weeks I'm afraid :( could have sold that and the brakes 10 times over must of prices too cheap!

If you decide to sort out some ast's let me know if you want any spring rate details etc I used to love the rates on mine!

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
That they would Sunny I want to try and get down to some English tracks this year but all depends on being away with work. Hopefully get my roof scoop fitted soon , as even on a cold day it heats up inside the car.

I also need at raising the rev limit up from 7500 to 7800 as I was just clipping the limiter in 4th on the two faster sections on track, so either needed to lift off or grab 5th then I was straight on the brakes.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I also need at raising the rev limit up from 7500 to 7800 as I was just clipping the limiter in 4th on the two faster sections on track, so either needed to lift off or grab 5th then I was straight on the brakes.
I had this problem at the 'ring coming up to certain corners. I've currently got a raised rpm, but I tried various ways. In the end I just held on to it on the lower limiter and let it bounce off it and it didn't make any noticeable difference. We are talking a maximum of 1-1.5s time wise. Saved on unnecessary gearchanges and it would've saved on upping the limiter (this was only done because I fitted the Grp n ecu to match the cams dialled into Grp n timing).

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Im on Omex so will only take a second to raise the limiter, when we originally mapped the engine we did take it to 8000rpm but the power/cams died after 7500 so we set the limiter there. The head has one piece valves and cat cam springs so should be safe enough at 7800 for limited time.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Just found this online , filmed from a Catraham 620R (2min on wards) some bad lines but the track was slippy as hell.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Not much happened to the car in the last month as been away with work but , home soon and have collected some parts

A roof scoop thanks to BigAsh
AST coilovers thanks to Porkie
Also have a FG tailgate to fit and maybe a Yozza race exhust, as ive always hated the one on my car and its a heavy system.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Got my roof scoop fitted today along with an oil cooler . Was a bit worried about drilling into the roof as its had filler after the bonnet came up but all went well.

1427379434.jpg

1427379445.jpg

Going to pick up a Yozza just now and get the oils suspension off as hopefully the AST's should be here tomorrow.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Will get one tomorrow , it's a 19 mocal cooler kit, I'm not running a thermostat justnow but as it's a track only car shouldn't have a problem. I still need to get some spira wrap for the hoses to avoid any rubbing.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Could have went bigger but I was only seeing temps of around 130. So just wanted to drop temps a little for added safety.

Could have went bigger but I was only seeing temps of around 130. So just wanted to drop temps a little for added safety.

my temps are 125-130, my thinking is if it's there on a cold March day, what's the middle of summer going to be like?! I'd rather have a cooler with s thermostat for peace of mind :)
I was actually thinking if a 13 row Mocal.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry Mark I thought it was larger it is actually a 13 row not a 19 Im not overly happy with the hose run still.

5f5e9131-4e74-4e41-8998-1028bc43b634.jpg

Yozza on not sure if i will need a map tweak or not as went from 2.25 to 2.5 " , Im still running a sports cat so would think that would be the main restriction in flow.
I had to fit a heat shield to the rear bumper to cover the hole where it had been cut for the twin pipes.

1427462675.jpg

1427462692.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
These should add a bit of contrast to the green :)

red%20ultra.jpg

The rear end now sits about 20mm lower than before more like cup car ride height,but the suspension was set up by Mark Fish on Porkies car so looking forward to trying it out . Im now also switching to AST top mounts assisting camber and caster.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks it's been a fun project and actually the second longest I've ever kept a car coming up for 3 years.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Nope never when the car is running , it has tripped a couple of times when the plugs fouled during cranking. It resets in a few seconds.