ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gran Turismo 6

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
One thing I did notice, I recently bought an xbox and forza and I like how the cars can actually go off track by themselves. On GT and this GT the computer controlled cars look like they're on a rails. So poor.

Renault Clio 1.2L
One thing I did notice, I recently bought an xbox and forza and I like how the cars can actually go off track by themselves. On GT and this GT the computer controlled cars look like they're on a rails. So poor.

I know what you mean, the AI is very robotic,

Might buy this if it turns out the physics really are greatly improved. A fancy a new console racer, and I'm not buying an xbox with Forza to get half a game lol.

No doubt it is mate, but I don't have an xbox one and I'm not buying one for half a racing game. I regretted buying a 360 solely for Forza 3. Been gathering dust for years. I genuinely don't even know where it is.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I bought the PS3 solely for GT5 and after that flop it just became a Blu-Ray player, I'm never going to touch PS / GT* again. Forza is getting too commercial and losing its focus for me, but thankfully it can be tweaked to take some of the junk away.

Mini JCW
Might buy this if it turns out the physics really are greatly improved. A fancy a new console racer, and I'm not buying an xbox with Forza to get half a game lol.

This. They really need to close the gap to Forza, and with a seeming 'lead' in the next gen race (in terms of pre-orders / sales) and a more powerful console in comparison to the One, they really do have every opportunity to make it great.

GT is a Simulator
Forza is an Arcade

I have both so I'm not taking sides..

However,
Racing drivers use GT5 with their £££££ setups, GT5 is more of a serious game when playing online against good people however does have it's bad points: Sound, AI..
The everyday person would enjoy Forza more as it's more hyped up, more fun and less serious.

They're both very good games with their own strong points and weak points.. But it's still stupid to compare as the makers have different criteria around making their game.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'd argue Forza can be a simulator as well, you've just got to turn all the assists off. I think everyone is pretty much in agreement Forza's physics to date atleast are better.

Didn't expect fanboi wars to break out when I stepped in here. Some utter crap being posted by a few people as per usual.

I'd argue Forza can be a simulator as well, you've just got to turn all the assists off. I think everyone is pretty much in agreement Forza's physics to date atleast are better.

True, for racing with mates online I go on GT5 as when Online on forza, one slightest tap your stoved into the wall. I also race Karts IRL so I also have a bash too..
For racing offline it's without a doubt Forza.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Really excited by this and the review confirms why. Can't wait till my preorder comes and I can blast it all day on Saturday!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Sounds like it has been improved.

The beef commenters seem to have with the micro-transactions seems very black and white, mob-led rather than rational. For me, the problem with micro-transactions in full price games is not that they exist at all, but that game assets are being deliberately held back behind a paywall, rather than being freely available to you once you buy the game as they were in the past.

Ultimately it merely sounds like you're being charged to cheat in single-player, but you're not paying through the nose for stuff that should rightfully be yours and the game hasn't been made more of a grind than GT5 currently is, with £500k seasonals etc. Just shy of 1,200 cars is far more than I'm ever going to need, and it seems like there are no tracks being held back, cars can still be won as prizes, and the extent of the improvement of the handling means that driving is so much more fun, going by the GT6 Academy demo. I was rubbish at it with my gamepad and 0 assists, spinning out if I squeeze R2 around 46% instead of 45%, but I kept on loading it up day after day, trying to get anything like a respectable lap.

People put things in perspective of the most expensive car, but I don't really understand why, when the chief purpose of this is to give somebody a leg up rather than get them to instantly win the game. £20M is the current maximum amount of money you can have in-game - getting that amount of money in GT should be a hell of an achievement, rather than something you can chuck a tenner at and gain in an instant. If you're obsessed about owning the £20M car, you should at least be at a point where you have £15M or so and desperately need to make up the difference.

Given that these micro-transactions are aimed more at people who would be so inclined as to chuck £4 at getting £500k and spending that on maxing out an average-to-good car so they can win races they aren't otherwise good enough to compete in, or buying a couple of cars for specific seasonal events, I don't know why people are assuming that microtransactions are intended for people who want to go from 0 to absolute best car in the game from the beginning.

It's a bit like complaining that in FIFA UT, to get a full squad of In Form superstar players ASAP, you'd have to spend hundreds/thousands of pounds on packs and auctions. Well, yeah you do - that's why most people play the game instead.

I wonder what other people feel about micro-transactions. Am I the only one who thinks that most of the 'GTFO' mob you see in comments sections simply don't want to even consider the possibility that MTs can sit alongside their actual game, without actually affecting them? Or is that not truly possible, in which case we're all f**ked because MTs will become ubiquitous no matter what we try and do to stop them?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
What car is being used in that vid? Sounds like an F1 car.

I keep swithering weather or not to but this. Does look fantastic.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Anniversary edition arrives tomorrow from ShopTo and seriously can't wait:p played the Academy demo that was released in the summer and was really impressed with the changes made to the physics etc so this should be very very good imo. Seems they have squeezed a lot of content in and more than enough to keep you going for a bit... they can stick that credits for money thing up their arse though, will be doing as I done in all other GT games and earn credits by playing the actual game:rolleyes: I will be buying car and track packs as they are normally pretty cheap around £6 per pack. Most tracks now have day to night transitions and variable weather conditions which is a nice bonus. Really looking forward to hammering Brands Hatch as I have driven on it lots of times in my own cars so will be good to see how accurate it is in game but from vids looks damn fine:approve:

Current track list :

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gt6/tracks/

Car list:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/local/jp/data1/products/gt6/carlist_en.html

Inside sim racing playing 1st hour:

Last edited by a moderator:
  RS Clio 182
Might get this in the new year,watching that first hour gameplay vid - they put you in a Clio RS straight away for the training - good choice hehe! The improvements in the AI and physics in-race are encouraging for me.

Looking at this compared to Forza 5 makes me think there isnt much of a leap in terms of graphics for the next generation atm? Anyone thinking the same..

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Hmm. Do I buy a PS4 just for this?

er NO lol its on PS3 only, PS4 version ( GT7 ) will be a year or two away:D

Shopto Only dispatched mine yesterday so have fingers crossed it turns up by the time I get home:S

More vids...

Last edited by a moderator:

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Can't wait for this to come today! I loved GT5.

Can't wait to buy a Volvo and win some old school races.

Golf R/Leon FR
Mixed reviews so so going by that list Scutch, watching the gameplay vid posted above it doesnt seem too different to previous games to warrant me buying it.

Moxed reviews, surprised that Forza is scoring higher too.

Honestly thought they might have nailed this one. But then again, think once the consoles have been out for a year or so there will be better to come.

RS Clio 182

Id say its more positive than negative - its near an average of 8. I suppose if your a big fan of the GT games then its a must buy. As i said,talk of improvements to the AI is the main thing for me,as the racing was just so boring in GT5. I view it as driving game more than a racer,i hope that aspect has improved.

Photo mode and just collecting the cars are major draws for me. Track variety is also good.

RS Clio 182
Taken from Gamesradar review (which gave it 9/10) :

''However, the AI is not better at all. The AI drivers do kick up some dirt as they venture off-line and there is a modicum of defensive driving exhibited by the leaders, but they’re still faceless and robotic. The oddest problem with their behaviour is the way one or two often dash off at the start into a 12-second lead then appear to wait for you to catch up on the last lap. You can see them taking corners at a crawl on the track map. Madness. The AI isn’t up to the quality of everything else, which makes it stand out all the more.''

And GT Planet Hands On :

''Once the races started, though, it was immediately clear that there have been significant changes to the artificial intelligence of the other drivers, as confirmed by U.S. Gran Turismo producer Taku Imasaki. They no longer drive as “ducks-in-a-row”, as we saw in almost every race in GT5. They were actually racing with each other, going two – and once nearly three – wide into corners. When challenged with a pass, they didn’t put up too much of a fight, but some of them (not all drivers exhibited this behavior) actually fought back to pass me again, despite no major mistakes of my own.
This gave the racing a different and more challenging feel. I felt like I would need to push and drive defensively if I wanted to get ahead and win.''

Which one to believe??

This is what is putting me off it - the actual racing...why cant they improve the AI?

P.S. i wouldnt trust some of the 6/10 scores it is getting - one was reviewed by someone who confessed he didnt like racing games lol. :S

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Got my copy, will give it a go later. It'll keep me busy until I get my hands on Forza 5.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
If you're using a Control pad theres no contest, Gran Turismo is utter shatment. I blame it solely for my PS3 being a massive Dust magnet and nothing more. Chances are, I'm going to buy this though. Just to check if its as god awful as GT5.

If you want a proper sim, you get a proper PC and run iRacing or the likes. For Console sims, Forza has lead the way since GT4 imo. I do hope GT6 is better though, because I can't be arsed shelling out all the money they want for: Xbox One, Forza, and the mountains of DLC I'll inevitably need.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Well mine turned up today and am really enjoying it, had it on for a good few hours and didn't even think about the PS4.....

I am playing this on a Wheel and Pedal/ Playseat set up so probably not how everyone will experience it but for me the changes are very noticeable over 5 , the handling of the cars is brilliant and each one has its own characteristics, the tyres and suspension have also been improved for the better. Taking Paddock hill in the Clio is very realistic , can feel the car get loaded up as you approach the bottom and want to understeer slightly, they seem to have got it bang on imo:) Willow springs is another very good track , never driven on it before so good to see what its like... Best part so far for me though has been the Goodwood hillclimb challenge in the X-Bow R... Mad car but when you get it under control is loads of fun blasting it up the hill sliding round the corners:D There are a few things that piss me of one being the units they insist on using for Torque which they do in kgfm what ever the hell that is.... lb-ft or Nm please:rolleyes: I like the fact you actually have to play single player 1st and obtain an A license before going online, that why will hopefully keep the idiots at bay:dead: but pretty impressed so far if you can't tell:p

A few pics :

11244824683_bae2fa1c3f_b.jpg

11244761886_24a9bb0f8d_b.jpg

11244828013_402b16e15a_b.jpg

11244760956_dcb5a78876_b.jpg

11244758536_91bd7e2c50_b.jpg

11244707785_c22369c285_b.jpg

11244756724_53671966a3_b.jpg

11244767966_8bcb9db3f6_b.jpg

11244827933_60535f1e96_b.jpg

11244716205_1443e6b9ff_b.jpg